Spank VS Stans rims

Pieter1

If it's holding air, ride it๐Ÿ˜ˆ

I did have a rear Spank rim that starting cracking and pulling through at the nipples, so they not immune, but still like the product.

Replaced with a more affordable rim which I dinged 2 rides in! Straightened out, holding air and I'll ride it till its properly wrecked!

1 hour ago, Pieter1 said:

Thanks guys!! My bike is Spanked out. If they made drive trains, brakes and suspension my whole bike would have had spank on it.ย 
So it is settled. Will get the ball rolling.ย 
added a pic of the dent. Wonder if it is worth replacing even.ย 

IMG_2136.jpeg

That's not a dent.

image.jpeg.3f2b74992beeb11976e2f23c4b4e658c.jpeg

I'm with the others, that is a cosmetic flat spot, surely?!

That still has thousands of km left in it!

1 hour ago, Pieter1 said:

Thanks guys!! My bike is Spanked out. If they made drive trains, brakes and suspension my whole bike would have had spank on it.ย 
So it is settled. Will get the ball rolling.ย 
added a pic of the dent. Wonder if it is worth replacing even.ย 

IMG_2136.jpeg

Is it holding air? Ride it. Unless itโ€™s too wobbly and canโ€™t be straightened with spoke tension.ย 
ย 

but Iโ€™d give those another chance .

55 minutes ago, Phillippe Coetzee said:

Show us some pics of the new ones ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿฅน

Going to be a few months. Have other financial obligations (new rotors and pads). But I will as soon as they get here. Just wish they had green.ย 

Hahaha! The lbs bent it back into โ€œshapeโ€. I could be a bit over dramatic ๐Ÿ˜‚ Just donโ€™t want it tacoing under me.ย 

15 hours ago, Pieter1 said:

Hey everyone.
I managed to put a nice dent in my Spank Oozy rim.ย 
Iโ€™m in Brunei at the moment and Stans is the easiest to get (Flow MK3) but if the Vibrocore rims are worth it I will go through the hassle.ย 
So that is my question. Spank Vibrocore or Stans Flow MK 3?

Stans MK3 are junk and Stanโ€™s know it so they changed the design. The MK4 is very good. I prefer the Spank Vibracore rims though. The Vibracore really works to mute vibrations. Iโ€™m not mountain biking nowadays and have a Spank Vibracore Boost wheelset for sale in the classifieds.ย 

8 hours ago, SSCC said:

Stans MK3 are junk and Stanโ€™s know it so they changed the design. The MK4 is very good. I prefer the Spank Vibracore rims though. The Vibracore really works to mute vibrations. Iโ€™m not mountain biking nowadays and have a Spank Vibracore Boost wheelset for sale in the classifieds.ย 

Hey SSCC. I canโ€™t find the add. Are they 27.5?

You can hardly see an dent on that photo. Ride it as is, it will not do anything. You should see the dents on some of my riding buddies rims.

7 minutes ago, etienne_jordaan said:

You can hardly see an dent on that photo. Ride it as is, it will not do anything. You should see the dents on some of my riding buddies rims.

I hear you. I just donโ€™t like it when things on my bike are not 100% as they should be. It is poef but, it irritates the dinges out of me. And now that Bob was staring at my sweet nips I have more problems ๐Ÿ˜‚