the unofficial UCI Mountain Bike World Cup thread

nathrix

1 hour ago, bolt67 said:

He had a technical on lap one , had to bust tech zone , did well to finish in 26th in such a short race ! 

Hopefully he proves me wrong and has a good season! 

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, MarcoDeS said:

Hopefully he proves me wrong and has a good season! 

Happy to see a slow start to the season instead of coming out guns blazing in first few rounds and come world champs time, he is pup tyres. 

Either way im still convinced he'll be up there at some part of the season. 

Keen to see how his recent road racing experience add to his armour. 

19 hours ago, nathrix said:

I was also ver impressed with the broadcast, commentary was good, picture quality excellent including the coverage of the track, no buffering at all and i could fast forward and go back frames without any issues. Let’s see how ot goes tomorrow, Bart will then also be there commentating.

Ad free? 

Edited by fanievb

8 hours ago, babse said:

Happy to see a slow start to the season instead of coming out guns blazing in first few rounds and come world champs time, he is pup tyres. 

Either way im still convinced he'll be up there at some part of the season. 

Keen to see how his recent road racing experience add to his armour. 

I was clearly wrong. His pre season races must’ve overlapped with some seriously stressful blocks. Good race today! 🙌

Shew that was epic from start to end. Ridiculous how many okes could have still won that going into the last lap.

Alan rode excellent to finish 8th.

Entire spez team in top4. Impressive. Whats the deal with their not so impressive colour scheme? 🤨 

1 minute ago, Jorrie said:

Who won the mens XCO?

1) Blevins 

2) Koretzy 

3) Colombo 

4) Viduarre

😎 Hatherly 

Alan started 4th row in 26th and was as low as 36th on lap one. Go t caught up behind some slippage on a steep climb and was down to 46sec behind by the end of the lap. Clawed back to 8th.

1) Chris Blevins (Specialized Factory Racing)

2) Victor Koretzky (Specialized Factory Racing)

3) Filipo Colombo (Scott SRAM)

4) Joshua Dubois (Rockrider Ford)

5) Martin Vidaurre Kossman (Specialized Factory Racing)

47 minutes ago, OVERDRIVE said:

A bit of power play between Victor and Martin. Martin was trying to impress upon Victor the importance of team work. The French have 2 slots for the men and two for the women in Paris. The women will most likely be PFP and Loana. The men is  a bit of a turkey shoot.

Joshua Dubau

Victor Koretzky

Jordan Sarrou

Adrien Boichis

Titouan Carrod

They're all a bit desperate to get early results. Kossman I think is qualified already

Edited by DieselnDust

3 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

A bit of power play between Victor and Martin. Martin was trying to impress upon Victor the importance of team work. The French have 2 slots for the men and two for the women in Paris. The women will most likely be PFP and Loana. The men is  a bit of a turkey shoot.

Joshua Dubau

Victor Koretzky

Jordan Sarrou

Adrien Boichis

Titouan Carrod

They're all a bit desperate to get early results. Kossman I think is qualified already

Aah. I see. Doesn't seem specialized...

We are not our watches | WatchCrunch

2 hours ago, MarcoDeS said:

I was clearly wrong. His pre season races must’ve overlapped with some seriously stressful blocks. Good race today! 🙌

Yes he had quite a large block of training over the summer. I figured he was going to emerge strongest on the team it didn't play out like that in the XCC. Todays result should boost his confidence.

We have Luke Moir coming up to support Alan in the elites in 2026 and there's more SA talent in the pipeline so hopefully we qualify for two spots in LA in 2028.

Tyler Jacobs also did quite well in U23 considering she is going to struggle to get to all the races unless a sponsor comes on board after the Computer Mania team folded.

And lets not forget to celebrate the SA coaches behind these kids, the guys and gals at Science2Sport, DaisyWay Coaching, Barry Austin, Mike Posthumus (Specialized Factory Racing) and John Wakefield (looking after Matt Beers)

On 4/13/2024 at 6:28 PM, nathrix said:

I was also ver impressed with the broadcast, commentary was good, picture quality excellent including the coverage of the track, no buffering at all and i could fast forward and go back frames without any issues. Let’s see how ot goes tomorrow, Bart will then also be there commentating.

Definitely getting much much better, camera work/production need a bit more polishing. But overall a well produced package including the social feeds.

A highlight for me is the live u23 on YouTube and then catching the elites on Statlive. R100 sub per month is nothing