Which rim brake carbon wheels to buy?

Ncayi

1 hour ago, nick_the_wheelbuilder said:

Ceramic bearings are snake oil and offer no benefit over decent quality steel bearings, at all.
Don't waste your money.

Rather buy better quality hubs :)

Agreed, ceramic bearings in my BB and wheels were all replaced in a few thousand km because they were grinding. Replaced with quality German bearings

Going with the Nick would be a no brainer if for nothing else he's local and needs to stand by his product to stay in business. I've got 3 tubeless wheelsets, AC Argents, Hyper 50C, and a set of Lightbicycle 56 with 23 internal width. They all do different things well and are difficult to choose between. Personally, I sometimes think the deeper rims are more about looking sexy than being faster (than my Argents anyway).

I'd normally have said go with a good set of hand-built wheels, BUT....

I bought for my girl friend an almost new set of ENVE wheels from a guy who used them occasionally as his race wheels. He upgraded his race bike to disk brakes and I got 2/3 off a R60k wheelset.

If you are patient I'm sure you can find a similar bargain.

56 minutes ago, cadenceblur said:

from what I have heard Nextie is as good as Enve. 

I've built loads of wheels with Nextie rims and rebuilt a lot of ENVE wheels.

The level of quality and finishing on the Nextie rims is better than all of the Enve wheels I've worked on...

As good as anything I've ever worked on.