CasualRider liitle to casual - Scam alert

Zatek

1 hour ago, Zatek said:

Think the hubbers that gave ratings for CasualRider should also be investigated as they might be part of the Scheme then ....

The ratings received from other buyers seem legit and they’ve been on the hub for many years.

I finally got a reply. Seems that hubber has a different phone for bikehub deals and was away on his anniversary. The locker he selected was to small and change it to a bigger locker when  coming back.

Not entirely at ease but let's see what happens. Things are starting to move in the right direction 

1 hour ago, Zatek said:

I finally got a reply. Seems that hubber has a different phone for bikehub deals and was away on his anniversary. The locker he selected was to small and change it to a bigger locker when  coming back.

Not entirely at ease but let's see what happens. Things are starting to move in the right direction 

Am so worried about reputation once the money clears I drop whatever am doing to send. These kind of threads can end a rep on the hub don’t know why sellers don’t just keep said item in the boot to send once. Makes life easier,  me thinks. 

3 hours ago, Zatek said:

It only takes a few seconds to send a WhatsApp and keep a person informed but maybe that's just me...

4 hours ago, OVERDRIVE said:

Am so worried about reputation once the money clears I drop whatever am doing to send. These kind of threads can end a rep on the hub don’t know why sellers don’t just keep said item in the boot to send once. Makes life easier,  me thinks. 

Exactly why I asked @Me rida my bicycle to handle a couple of sales for me.

At the time I was spending a lot of time in the Northern Cape, and often out of cell range.

I did not want myself nor the buyer to suffer through these communication issues.

HOWEVER - For this purchase, it would have been wise (and easy) to just inform the buyer that comms would be down for the weekend.

1 hour ago, ChrisF said:

At the time I was spending a lot of time in the Northern Cape, and often out of cell range.

I did not want myself nor the buyer to suffer through these communication issues.

HOWEVER - For this purchase, it would have been wise (and easy) to just inform the buyer that comms would be down for the weekend.

Totally with you. I never ever go silent regardless of how small the item. As we speak I’m trying to do something on Craigslist and got some advice, but more sure how to go about it. 

1 hour ago, ChrisF said:

I fully support @ChrisF on this one. Without any intention to hijack this thread, I must add my rant over many sellers not removing their stuff once sold. They simply ignore you when you show interest to buy. 

Common decency I call it, or rather a serious lack thereof.