snapshot

Duuuhhhhh' date=' so we don't catch their lazy bones!!! Embarrassed [/quote']

Now that kind of talk could lead you to an ass whipping Big%20smile

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe all "unseeded: groups AL;BL;CL etc. should consider boycotting this event in future as the organiser only has the "registered" cyclist at heart.

My reason for this claim:  All registered groups start at around 6am ... why must the AL etc. groups only start at 7am .... consider that we have full road closure .... if they concern about "unseeded" catching "registered" groups, then maybe people should not be allowed to ride "registered" if they can not maintain a certain average.

whoop! AL1022

I will be doing a race in Polokwane the day before' date=' not yet decided if I want to drive back and also do the Bakwena.

[/quote']

I'm also going to Pietersburg (Polokwane) and would like more info on the race as it is not in the GNC calender please.

Anybody got contact info for the local cycling club?

thnx

i have not done many races,  but this the furthest i have seen the

bunches start from each other (compare this to the 4 minutes apart for

the 94.7).

i have not done this race before,  but it seems that it is VERY fast - i think safety is the biggest reason for the bunches starting so far apart. 

what time does the short route start?

i have not done many races' date='  but this the furthest i have seen the bunches start from each other (compare this to the 4 minutes apart for the 94.7).

i have not done this race before,  but it seems that it is VERY fast - i think safety is the biggest reason for the bunches starting so far apart. 

what time does the short route start?

[/quote']

Last year the "unseeded" group was directly after the "registered" groups ... Surely teh AL; BL groups do have a sense of safety ... 30 minutes (earlier) in starting time is a HUGE difference to your overall time! This is possibly why more and more cyclists want to race registered; whether capable or not.

The early start for the licenced groups is probable to protect them from the wind. The later it get the stronger the win. Then the open groups times will be slower.

The early start for the licenced groups is probable to protect them from the wind. The later it get the stronger the win. Then the open groups times will be slower.

i am a licenced rider and i might not like what your saying but i live in that area and you cant be more right!!!!!! No wind in the morning. Bit later one hellova tail wind out and ofcourse on hellova head wind back!!!

IanC ,Licensed riders (at least the ones that are there to race) ,don't care what time they ride ,and on a route like that most Licensed riders would prefer some wind!!

If thats the case; why running a seeding index on this event; as the open groups conditions are not as favourable as the registered cyclists!

Ja, jy's doodreg! Die gelisensie?rede ryers is in 'n beter kondisie as die gemiddelde "open" ryer! :-)

Surely teh AL; BL groups do have a sense of safety .

did not mean that the AL etc. are not safe - only speculating that they

are having bunches start further apart to avoid one big bunch of 300+

on the road.

No wind in the morning. Bit later one hellova tail wind out and ofcourse on hellova head wind back!!!

Licensed riders = no tailwind but a bitch of a headwind coming back

Unlicensed riders = "hellova" tailwind going out & the same bitch of a headwind as the lics coming back

So - unlicensed riders should get better times than the licensed?

Dr Suess - No I meant that the AL; BL groups should have a sense for safety, i.e. they are on the same level as the registered cyclist (if not better).

However, if the inlicensed riders have a huge tailwind; they will have a greater headwind! (which means they will never match the licensed racers with time)

Sias, moet erken dit sal nogal vreemd wees (as toeskouer) om te sien hoe die "open" ryers eers klaarmaak voor die groot kanonne die "sprint" aandurf, kan redelike chaos veroorsaak. En die groot kanonne kan tog so gou ongelukkig raak oor wie saam, voor of agter hulle begin, dit sal 'n absolute geteem afgee!!!

In fact here is a better one .... let the open categories start at 5am and the registered racers at 13h00; then let see how "good" the registered racers are???