Quarter Turn: Bike Hub Q2 2024 Report

News bot

After the first quarter of 2024 we dug into the data to determine how a widespread oversupply crisis in the cycling industry was impacting our marketplace. We saw that it wasn’t all doom and gloom, but noted that we’d need to see consistently stable demand in order to draw meaningful conclusions. Here’s what we found in the second quarter of 2024: Demand Holds Steady In Q1, we saw the first glimmer of hope that demand may be stabilising after the COVID lockdown-driven bicycle boom, and subsequent slump. Our Q2 data offers reassurance: The Road Turns Up Road has seen a […]

View full article

And here I thought fatbikes were making a comeback

25 minutes ago, Bicycle Yard WESTERN CAPE said:

Does bikehub still have that setting where buyers/accounts can choose not to see Dealers/Business accounts ?

Yes it's under filters. 

quite interesting to really see the graphs with 3 years' data if you zoom out from year on year. So forgetting percentages and looking at hard data from '21 Q2 to '24 Q2: gravel bikes up 250 from 550-800 ebikes up 150 from 350-600 DS mtb down 2500 from 7000-4500 Hardtail down 3000 from 5000-2000 Those are the big ticket items, overall the enquiries went from 46k to 37k. I guess that means that things have leveled off and this is probably the bottom. ps. kiff AI image, check false bay!

I personally think the increase in entry level road bikes before winter is because people are wanting a cheap bike to leave on their indoor trainer