Help needed - Elite Suito-T or Wahoo Kickr Core

1 hour ago, NC_lurker said:

Surely it's only potentially an issue if you use the 34? Just avoid changing all the way and ride it as an 11spd.

I will try and remember that 'in the heat of battle' 🤣

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys

I actually started another thread a while back. Allota.... [Danger Powers] People gave me great advise. Long story short, this is for my son, he has a spez tarmac sl6, 105 cassette, 11 speed.

I tried out a wheel on trainer today, it was not great, very bouncy and no real connectivity. Its a unit which sold for 6k, selling for 4k, but i think its time, you buy once, cry once, budget is 13k, and i would like whoever i buy from, to do the Payflex, just so it eases the purchase pain. I could also do the Discovery card / bank thing, probably at Sportsmans. I dont have miles built up, so lets forget about the 15th of each month.....

I have Googles my eyes out, Elite, Wahoo, Tacx, on some threads on this forum they mention, dont use small gears, all gears, might have to adjust derailleur, i dont want to do that, and i will tell my mini me to just use some of the gears.

Who has crazy deals on now, should i look for something which has a cassette? I see 105 Shimano cassettes are under a grand. Are there cool bundle deals where you get a heart rate strap with.

For context, he trains hard, he has my old Huawei gt 3 watch, which actually works like a bomb and lasts 2 weeks per charge, shows him all his stats, but i guess it wont really help with any of the smart trainers? 

The space we have for him to start this is upstairs, all alone, there is a tv there, i guess i can get a mega long hdmi cable and hook that up to his laptop, i3 ssd, should be fine.

But which would you choose, a wahoo core, get 15% discount and sportsmans, or an Elite, maybe find with a cassette, or any other make? Would be nice to get something which has the front wheel riser block thing and maybe other stuff included. Thanx in advance guys! 

Replying in general here. I have an Elite Suito T. Just "broke" (loud grinding noises). Took it to Omnico in Lansdowne, dropped it at security, got it back a day later, fixed. R400. I was expecting a BIG bill and a lengthy wait. Amazing service. So quiet now. 

I use it with Zwift (to respond to latest post) via my Huawei cell phone (no need for anything else). I cast it using Chromecast to my big TV when I'm "racing". 

A normal Garmin device can also control a smart trainer for workouts or even to ride routes but a cell phone/tablet/laptop works best. The iPad was amazing but my wife didn't appreciate all the sweat on it so took it back.  

The only thing with using the phone is it's bluetooth based so your HR sensor needs to be BT. My Garmin watch transmits ANT+ (not sure about your Huawei watch) so I have to use my Wahoo strap with the phone. No big deal really. 

On 7/24/2024 at 3:28 PM, JohanDiv said:

I was also looking at these two trainers a few years ago, and most comparisons/reviews leaned towards the Kickr Core, but ended in a toss-up because the price of the Suito was better. Sounds like that's not the case anymore, so I'd go with the Core.

Personally I went with a Kickr 4 that I managed to get for R14999 at CWC on discount. I figured buying a Core and a cassette I'm already close to that amount, so made sense at the time to make that extra R1500 jump to the Kickr 4. 

And off course, Wahoo (Ikhambi Distributions) after sales support is great.

Tacx Flux 2

Hi all,

So I did go for the Elite Suito-T

Bought a Sunrace MZ903 12-Speed 11-51T Cassette to go with the trainer which the bike shop attached for me

Did the setup at home but I am still using my own axle skewer from the Titan bike, the thick one and not the thin one from the trainer.

Noticed I had to use two adapters which I added to the trainer, added my bike and tighten the axle to where it cannot go any further

However I have noticed that the rear fork can still move a bit left and right, in other words there is like a half of cm each side that makes the axle not completed tighten to the trainer. There is a small gab each side. Is this normal and must it be like this or did I do something wrong? 

My chain also goes off the casette if I go pass the 12th gear, in other words if I accidentally press the shifter again

I am using my Titan MTB

I will take a photo tomorrow if you guys dont know what I mean.

NOTE: Another question, what is the circumference that they ask for on the app? How do I know what is mine (Bike) ? 

Edited by Transformer09

I use a through axle on mine so can't comment on the skewer you're using but there should be no lateral movement otherwise you'll struggle to get your gears to index correctly and it will throw the chain. It sounds like you've got the spacers wrong.

On the circumference question.... google it or make a mark on your tire and the floor, roll it a full turn and make another mark where it ends. Measure the distance it traveled to get the circumference.

What edges is ever so slightly to the Suito for me is that you can fold it up nicely and pack it away neatly. If you're in an apartment or pressed for space that might make a difference.

That's probably a moot point tho because most people on here will have some sort of dedicated training area.

*disclaimer I have an Elite trainer but not the Suito.

Elite for the win. They released a new Avanti, so ask when that will be available. 

15 hours ago, Transformer09 said:

Hi all,

So I did go for the Elite Suito-T

Bought a Sunrace MZ903 12-Speed 11-51T Cassette to go with the trainer which the bike shop attached for me

Did the setup at home but I am still using my own axle skewer from the Titan bike, the thick one and not the thin one from the trainer.

Noticed I had to use two adapters which I added to the trainer, added my bike and tighten the axle to where it cannot go any further

However I have noticed that the rear fork can still move a bit left and right, in other words there is like a half of cm each side that makes the axle not completed tighten to the trainer. There is a small gab each side. Is this normal and must it be like this or did I do something wrong? 

My chain also goes off the casette if I go pass the 12th gear, in other words if I accidentally press the shifter again

I am using my Titan MTB

I will take a photo tomorrow if you guys dont know what I mean.

NOTE: Another question, what is the circumference that they ask for on the app? How do I know what is mine (Bike) ? 

Sounds like you're set up for 142mm spacing and your frame's 148. Check the mounting instructions.

On 7/30/2024 at 9:03 PM, Tomik said:

Replying in general here. I have an Elite Suito T. Just "broke" (loud grinding noises). Took it to Omnico in Lansdowne, dropped it at security, got it back a day later, fixed. R400. I was expecting a BIG bill and a lengthy wait. Amazing service. So quiet now. 

I use it with Zwift (to respond to latest post) via my Huawei cell phone (no need for anything else). I cast it using Chromecast to my big TV when I'm "racing". 

Straight to Omnico.? No need to go via LBS.?

6 minutes ago, Thomo said:

Straight to Omnico.? No need to go via LBS.?

Yes. Just call first to let them know (I think Brandon is the guy that deals with it) then you drop at security.

7 minutes ago, Tomik said:

Yes. Just call first to let them know (I think Brandon is the guy that deals with it) then you drop at security.

Thx. Will reach out to them.

On 8/1/2024 at 12:33 PM, droo said:

Sounds like you're set up for 142mm spacing and your frame's 148. Check the mounting instructions.

Ok will have a look tomorrow thanks. Any idea on the circumference? I see there is two rings that must be added before the cassette goes on. I don't know if the bike shop did this though, as that can possibly sort out the spacing issue

But I'll check tomorrow and will provide feedback 

EDIT: I see I need to buy the adapter separately for 148mm. The elite boost adapter 12x48mm

Edited by Transformer09