Lake shoes and fitment JHB

thebob

Hi all

I'm keen on getting properly fitted for a decent pair of road cycling shoes. The Lake brand comes up again and again as the ones to go for. I'm pretty much sold on giving them a go, but I'd like to buy them from someone who will fit me properly and can help with my tragically high arches as well. Can anyone point me in the right direct to someone in JHB who can help. The website for Pure Motion Sports, who seemed to be the last distributor is dead and the local Lake site doesn't seem to have been updated for ages.

Edited by thebob

Kim Welsh was the person to talk to about LAKE, but I don’t have her contact information anymore. Hope someone can help 

On 8/30/2024 at 4:30 PM, thebob said:

Hi all

I'm keen on getting properly fitted for a decent pair of road cycling shoes. The Lake brand comes up again and again as the ones to go for. I'm pretty much sold on giving them a go, but I'd like to buy them from someone who will fit me properly and can help with my tragically high arches as well. Can anyone point me in the right direct to someone in JHB who can help. The website for Pure Motion Sports, who seemed to be the last distributor is dead and the local Lake site doesn't seem to have been updated for ages.

The guys at Trailwolf can sort you out, Kim is often there and they have a good relationship.

I've had a set of Lake carbon road shoes for 10 years and love them. Kangaroo leather creaks a bit when they are cold but there are ways to address that.

17 minutes ago, thebob said:

Thanks @DieselnDust and @Danger Dassie. Just met Kim now. Foot is measured and sizing is confirmed. Apparently I have slenderAF feet, so Kim is digging into the stocks for something to fit me. The shoes I tried felt really good though. Had no idea what arch support felt like until today

So you’re probably going to be looking at the 242 or 300 series shoes👍🏼

Yeah, I will confirm what I end up with. Looking forward to banishing foot discomfort to the past!

41 minutes ago, thebob said:

Thanks @DieselnDust and @Danger Dassie. Just met Kim now. Foot is measured and sizing is confirmed. Apparently I have slenderAF feet, so Kim is digging into the stocks for something to fit me. The shoes I tried felt really good though. Had no idea what arch support felt like until today

Awesome sauce, glad you're getting sorted. Kim and Shaun are great, he can't always carry stock given the range but will have your back. 

5 minutes ago, Danger Dassie said:

Awesome sauce, glad you're getting sorted. Kim and Shaun are great, he can't always carry stock given the range but will have your back. 

They can get any special requirements in within a couple of weeks