Logwood visited

Wannabe

So, managed to visit Logwood yesterday.

Easy to sum my feelings up, SHOULD HAVE DONE IT LONG AGO, WAS THE MOST FUN I HAD WITH MY CLOTHES ON FOR A LONG TIME!!!Clap

It was a blast. Quite challenging at first until I got used to the technical nature of some of the routes (remember, I'm a roadie where the philosophy is to go as fast as possible, for as long as possible. )As soon as I slowed down a bit, it became real fun. Did all of the routes except most of the Black routes where you had to cross narrow wooden structures high of the ground. Dead

Will I do it again? DEFINATELY, AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

Any info on Northen Farm, how does it compare to Logwood, what can u expect there?

Looks like Geoff will have to start giving discount to Hub members.

I think Logwood is the best way to get roadies on the dirt. Only been there once with the Hub girls but will be there alot more in a few weeks time.

Bruce, Logwood is just off the R114 (Diepsloot Road), take a look at their website : http://www.cultcycling.co.za

Wannabe, NF is NOTHING like Logwood ! NF is as the name suggests, a farm (and a working farm at that) and there is mostly open fields and some single track, but no Sugarbowl etc.

Next time we have a D & D evening at Logwood you must join us.

Logwood is a blast, i met my match in the Steps the 1st time i visited when i came off no fewer than 4 times.

TT, must keep me informed. Will have to drive through from Rustenburg for that, must plan for it.

Scotty, I came short at one of the black routes (can't remember the name, enters from the back in the rearmost corner) where you have that three double jumps shortly after each other. Second one spat me out like you cannot believe. Luckily managed to unclip in time and almost landed on my feet again.

All in all, good clean fun (disapointed, almost NO MUD anywhere, expected to get a bit dirty after it rained last week)

NF is for true newbies.... it is fine for building up mtb endurance and that is all.... very relaxed and chilled out.

Logwood is pure mtb heaven!

my poor mtb has been staring balefully at me cos it's now been a month since we were there and i dunno when i'll be able to go back.... gotta let all the injuries heal properly first.... maybe Wonder Woman will take me up on the offer and get "my boy" out there to play a bit....

Man, I am getting excited just thinking about trying it!!!

SP, I better warn you, your "boy" may be more sideways than upright though LOL

Hey all, who's up for another trip out there this Sunday?! I have a new baby girl (my full suss Scott) and she's been asking me nicely all week to take her out and have some fun!!

I'm really keen to go to Logwood this Sunday, any takers?

WW, you will be hard put to beat me on time spent with bike horizontal! LOL i have always struggled to acknowledge/admit the limits of my riding (in)ability Wink !!!

i'll be "sitting" support at the clubhouse, and will hopefully have use of a camera to take some pics... (i promise i will NOT get on a bike!)