Ride from Pretoria to Durban

_Daemon_

I will be interested as well.Keep me posted whether it is gonna materialise or not and when this will take place.

Bwahahahaha... "nampy pamby overnighting..." That sound so Detective Inspector Grim from The Thin Blue Line!!! Clap LOL

Full marks Marco!

Nampy pamby, wishy washy, hoity toity...

I will be interested as well.Keep me posted whether it is gonna materialise or not and when this will take place.

Will do.

Bwahahahaha, I'm trying to find a copy or copies of that series on DVD so that I can shamelessly pirate them!!! Just love it! Clearly not enough to acquire it legally but you know where I'm coming from!

Pantani2006-11-07 06:22:28

Look, I was planning on taking leave in the first week of December and driving to Durban via Midmar. If this ride some how comes together then I can ditch the triathlon and ride. My GF can ride in a sort of support vehicle role, but we only have a Polo so not sure how much you can fit in it. Suppose if someone had a venter trailer then it would be fine since I do have a towbar. I need to bounce this idea off her since she is returning from New Zealand on the Friday, not sure if she will be up to driving for a couple of days after a long haul flight.

Look' date=' I was planning on taking leave in the first week of December and driving to Durban via Midmar. If this ride some how comes together then I can ditch the triathlon and ride. My GF can ride in a sort of support vehicle role, but we only have a Polo so not sure how much you can fit in it. Suppose if someone had a venter trailer then it would be fine since I do have a towbar. I need to bounce this idea off her since she is returning from New Zealand on the Friday, not sure if she will be up to driving for a couple of days after a long haul flight.[/quote']

Sounds like a plan. Things look quite good for the ride to happen. Will post before the end of the week if it's on for sure.

Daemon - please keep me updated on the ride. I won't be able to join you but plan on doing JHB to Durban next year so I will want to pick your brains on the logistics.

Daemon,Will this be over a weekend ,say leaving on the Friday returning on the Monday?If so count me in!!

Daemon' date='Will this be over a weekend ,say leaving on the Friday returning on the Monday?If so count me in!![/quote']

Bwahahahaha... Clap

Pantani ,I was being serious ,riding down over the first 3 day's returning on Monday with the car?

Are you guy's talking about riding there and back?

Germiston Wheelers do a ride down to Durban every year. This year they went down in September. Maybe Mervin or Simon can advice on the planning.

Daemon' date='Will this be over a weekend ,say leaving on the Friday returning on the Monday?If so count me in!![/quote']

Yup that's the plan.