Simonsvlei

stringbean

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have given it some thought and i will be quiting the leagues for good. Not that it is gonna send shockwaves thru the community but hey i thought i should let ya'll know.

Theres more to life than this crap. I have given up too much to be dwelling in this misery every week. I will ride when i feel like it  and with whom i feel like.

Stringbean, my bad day started in Januray 2005 and the sun is yet to set on this muthaf*&*ka.

This sport can kiss my shiny, clean shaven .....

I am outta here!

Elvis may have left the building but i blew the building up!

Smooth!

See ya'll in the A bunch or B or C or D or E, hell i may even ride in the temp group just to have a jol.

Ladies, Gentlemen

Allow me to add my name to the list of those that had a carp day yesterday.

On the start line I was coughing and wheezing.  C-D left town like baddies were chasing us, and after about 20 minutes I found myself on the wrong side of a bunch split.  It was nearly as bad as the previous time I did this ride, in 2003.

Fanie, you can be glad you had a bad day, 'cause some of the front guys from E-F (your start group, right?) caught up with me and I rode with them and some juniors.  Juniors - nothing but squirrels on bikes.  Todally devoid of road sense.  True as nuts, major skin sacrifices were made at around the 65km mark.  It was a very, very ugly crash.  The reason you can be glad Fanie, is that if you had been on fire yesterday you could also have been on the road!  The crash took what wind remained out of my metaphorical sails and I dragged my weary carcass back to the finish.

This morning I saw that my finishing time was a little over 10 minutes behind the front of the bunch, which is a lot less worse than I was worried that it might be.  Perhaps I can use that to persuade my bike that we should stay together after all.

I have given it some thought and i will be quiting the leagues for good. Not that it is gonna send shockwaves thru the community but hey i thought i should let ya'll know.

Theres more to life than this crap. I have given up too much to be dwelling in this misery every week. I will ride when i feel like it  and with whom i feel like.

Stringbean' date=' my bad day started in Januray 2005 and the sun is yet to set on this muthaf*&*ka.

This sport can kiss my shiny, clean shaven .....

I am outta here!

Elvis may have left the building but i blew the building up!

Smooth!

See ya'll in the A bunch or B or C or D or E, hell i may even ride in the temp group just to have a jol.

[/quote']

tooHot, I've been riding in the high seeded bunches with you for a couple of years now, so I know what your abilities are compared to my own.

From where I stand, I'd say you are making the right decision. 

I've worked my a$$ of to get into "B" and on non league rides I just hate it riding there.  I've seen what the vets league guys can do to me on the climbs, so I definately don't belong in SV League racing either.

I enjoy the funrides much more when I drop a few groups and end up pacing at the front.  It is also much easier keeping up on the climbsEmbarrassed.

Ok, sorry for those who got dropped when I just followed Geddan and Branco (and then helped in the move)...but thats racing. Some days you hurt, some days you're doing the hurt!

TooHOT! Don't be a pussy and quit. If I can have the form to do well in races then anyone can. All it takes is some decent training and commitment. For two years I slaved and finished last in the SV's, but never ever wanted to quit.

Now shut your pie-hole and go train Thumbs%20Up

Ok' date=' sorry for those who got dropped when I just followed Geddan and Branco (and then helped in the move)...but thats racing. Some days you hurt, some days you're doing the hurt!

TooHOT! Don't be a pussy and quit. If I can have the form to do well in races then anyone can. All it takes is some decent training and commitment. For two years I slaved and finished last in the SV's, but never ever wanted to quit.

[/quote']

ClapClapClap Well said fatty! If you dont have the commitment you''ll never amount to anything. Cycling is a tough sport and requires alot of dedication. You''ll have your bad days but they only make you stronger.

Ok' date=' sorry for those who got dropped when I just followed Geddan and Branco (and then helped in the move)...but thats racing. Some days you hurt, some days you're doing the hurt!

[/quote']

ClapClapClap Well said fatty! If you dont have the commitment you''ll never amount to anything. Cycling is a tough sport and requires alot of dedication. You''ll have your bad days but they only make you stronger.

WTF

Dont 4get u the hell you ppl are talking too here.

I have been competing against the best in this sport since 1992, I know exactly what it takes. From competing against David George as an uder 17 to racing with Douglas Ryder in the mid 90's and Jeremy maartens so dont lecture me about training.

You may be strong now but my strongest will always be stronger than urs!

Next time u wanna take sides, make sure u take mine, cos u wont survive if you choose another.

Commitment - how bout u commit to my ...

Angry

C/D was riding hard because they new the Met-train was starting behind them. E was also not doing to bad infrond of F. We caught them at the food of Helshoogte. Lucky for them one of the terrible 4 wasn't feeling to hot on the climb and we dicided to help each other to the top. The race was on from there on and we picked up a couple of stranglers long the way. Pacing going directions Franshoek was ok, but the real ride only started when we turned left.

I was feeling strong the whole race and managed to get a second place in the bunch. After setting the pace for a big part of the ride. Must say that the first guy in F shouldn't be in F. He'll come thru the ranks and hopefully suck wheel less.

I'm still searching for Naas. Were you there? Fanie joined us in F, but I think the pace in the first part got to a couple of F riders.

Sunday we'll be at it again, but not sure where we'll be starting. Nice and flat.

Hope all are fine after the crashes, one let us take on the oncoming traffic. Bid scarry. Let me have a bid of a rest at that point.

[/quote']

I second that .. anything less than 100% will see you hurt in that league.

Got to say Too Hot that I am not surprised you are getting hurt at the moment - you have missed a god few of the races this season I think - the only way to survive is to race consistently as well as get the training right.

Hope to see you back some time - by the look of that lead A/B group yesterday it ain't gonna be a walk in the park for you there either.

TooHot - you aren't relying on racing for a living so it's about enjoyment. If you aren't enjoying it you won't do well because you won't find the motivation to train and it becomes a spiral. Think about what it is that made you want to race in the first place. If that driver isn't there anymore then its not a matter of being a woos, it's just that it is not that important to you any more.

BUT don't make a decision that you'll regret later. If you still have even a sparkle of competitive spirit then go and think about what you have been missing and fix it. There's only one more league event and then a good break - why not give the KJ a good go and then relax for a bit.

C/D was riding hard because they new the Met-train was starting behind them. E was also not doing to bad infrond of F. We caught them at the food of Helshoogte. Lucky for them one of the terrible 4 wasn't feeling to hot on the climb and we dicided to help each other to the top. The race was on from there on and we picked up a couple of stranglers long the way. Pacing going directions Franshoek was ok' date=' but the real ride only started when we turned left.

I was feeling strong the whole race and managed to get a second place in the bunch. After setting the pace for a big part of the ride. Must say that the first guy in F shouldn't be in F. He'll come thru the ranks and hopefully suck wheel less.

I'm still searching for Naas. Were you there? Fanie joined us in F, but I think the pace in the first part got to a couple of F riders.

Sunday we'll be at it again, but not sure where we'll be starting. Nice and flat.

Hope all are fine after the crashes, one let us take on the oncoming traffic. Bid scarry. Let me have a bid of a rest at that point.

[/quote']

My morning training partner, Shane (from Bowman's) rode in C yesterday - that's why it was tough. He is flying at the moment Tongue

[/quote']

I second that .. anything less than 100% will see you hurt in that league.

Got to say Too Hot that I am not surprised you are getting hurt at the moment - you have missed a god few of the races this season I think - the only way to survive is to race consistently as well as get the training right.

Hope to see you back some time - by the look of that lead A/B group yesterday it ain't gonna be a walk in the park for you there either.

I have to agree with you on that! That A bunch was not hanging around, although by that time I was already mentally beat.

You hung in well up hells with them, which is very impressive cos those youngsters weigh like 2kg LOL

Thanks for all the support though.

I think i will stick to funrides every now and then.

Ciao for nowSmile

[/quote']

WTF

Dont 4get u the hell you ppl are talking too here.
I have been competing against the best in this sport since 1992, I know exactly what it takes. From competing against David George as an uder 17 to racing with Douglas Ryder in the mid 90's and Jeremy maartens so dont lecture me about training.

You may be strong now but my strongest will always be stronger than urs!

Next time u wanna take sides, make sure u take mine, cos u wont survive if you choose another.

Commitment - how bout u commit to my ...

Angry

FINALLY, I still can't believe that it has taken you guys sooooooo long to realise what I have known all this time.

TooHot is a useless cyclist!

Sure, he did ride with DG and Doug Ryder; Baaaack in the day, and they all though that he sucked aswell.

Go cry to someone who is actually going to believe you sob story about how the world hates you and the SV group puts it in the gutter just to get rid of you... Heck, if I was riding in the SV group, I'd put it in the gutter just to get rid of you...