Disappointed in my LBS

slinger

By law they dont have to honour their advertised price. In fact if their is any dispute about their price they can simply refuse to sell it to you at all.

Not a good idea for anyone in a small market like cycling though.

Yes but CWC shop is not the same operation as CWC on line so prices advertised are not shop prices.

But how do you know this? And how would a first time user know this?

As I said above on CWC's part they should state more clearly on their web site that they are a separate operation and prices are only for online purchases.

<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Yeah, it's a bit confusing, I c it as this. If you are a normal guy going into the shop without a clue you gonna pay "normal" price. If you are a Internet web surfing Cycling geek you gonna pay Internet Prices.

I deal direct with Chris Jnr. I sms or email him, he some times takes his time getting back to me cuz I'm a cheap skate mofo but I'm willing to wait to safe a few bucks. He quotes me online of via sms and I pay via the internet.

This way you don't have the problem or misunderstanding about price once you go collect your goodies.

The original post said that the bike shop offered a coffee and a chat.

That sounds like a reasonable way to share information and opinions.  I'd give that a go.

newbies to cycling always try CWC then they realise that there are other shops who are cheaper and you don't have to count the fingers afterwards. go to Marks Bicycle Workshop, you wont go anywhere else again.

I have only had 3 experiences since the site started, first I saw a nice rain jackrt, so I went to the shop not knowing it was separate, the price was the same but they had not received the stock, why not say stock expected in 2 weeks or something (CRC do this for example)

2nd - a mate called about a frame that was at a really good price, I went to go check it out for him and they had a used frame there but was told they were "getting one just like this but new"....

then I emailed an enquiry and have not had a reply, now I realise he's in China, but maybe an auto reply to say we can't tade till I get back or something ??

I like what he's trying to do, just hope he can sort a few issues out.

but ja, they should say prices advertised are for online only and should have a proper e-commerce facility so I can just pay online with my card - someones more inclined to make a "snap descision" purchase that way..

Isn't the issue here that the purchase was made at the shop and not the on line store. From what I read above the items could have been ordered on line paid for and then collected from the shop.

Maybe CWC just needs to state on their web site that the prices advertised are only for online purchases and not in the shop.

Obviously the shop has much bigger overheads to cover than the on line store and therefore would charge more.

slinger you were not obliged to pay the higher prices' date=' you could have walked out and gone back and ordered the items on line.

[/quote']

Ian you hit the nail on the head here

Slinger - go and enjoy the coffee and let them explain to you how a business works

Firstly, I had 2 questions regarding my shopping at CWC:<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

1)       Question: Why was I charged R350 and R54?

2)        To buy continental Twister Pro?s?He did not phone back

I DO NOT SEE ANY SENTENCE WERE I DISCREDIT OR COMPLAIN (or) AS ONE SAID ?MUD SLINGER?

I just asked 2 questions on why it happened. Don?t just read what you want  !!!!

The Kitt = I did not complain, I stated my experience with the shop.

Chrispy = ?Welcome to the Virtual world? , SORRY, they don?t have a on-line paying facility, so how virtual is that

Splat = ?Mud Slinger?..Splat, Are you stupid or just dumm?

IanJ = I think you can see the issue regarding the ?on-line? shop, but the option of walking out and order online , get back and pick up,?(were do I pay?) is not practical.

GoLefty..I do understand that concept.. But a on-line site do have a on-line payment facility.

TNT1  ? You hit the nail on its head

Kranswurm - Is that you on your bike in the avatar?

The guy Chris was refering to is Peter Hoft (spel.), the Conti rep in Cape Town. Peter's office is next to Mark's shop (the old Peter Allan Cycles).

Call Mark (speak to him personally) for a price on the tyres and see if you have better luck - 949 5219. Far as I know they do come in a UST version.

Sounded like a complaint to  me. How are we supposed to answer those 2 questions for you?

Chris Jnr firstly answered those questions for you and made a very reasonable offer to meet with you.....what more do you want?

What are you doing here then if you're not simply complaining or bad-mouthing a shop that offered to meet with you and sort out the issue

And if you're going to come on here stirring $h!t like that, get called out and then reply with the *** attitude you did in your second post, maybe you shouldn't come here at all!

Take the advice or not, but don't start insulting people when they call you out for what you are.....a MUD SLINGER!!!!!

Apologise and let's be friends like we all are in here.....or leave

Slinger

You said it was your 1st post on TheHub.

Sommer make it your last as well.

Have a nice life.

Come back in your next life and add some value.

Ciao