Sore Throat

AuctionLamb

GEESH....posting a lot today....hope my work does not moan about me being on the site the whole day.Embarrassed

My throat is burning like hell but I do not have a fever. Heart Rate is still fine.....a bit higher than normal but not seriously higher. Can I train normally or must I rest completely? HELP!!!Cry

Same here dude, since yesterday afternoon I started posting flue symptoms........been dozing today all day on imune boosters and vitamins.........

Can;t believe it's two days before the race.................dammit

THAT'S WHAT I WANT TO KNOW ACTIONLAMB....I think we can train if your RHR are not higher than 10%. Then again, have any1 if being excited about a race will up your RHR before a race cuz my RHR before Bonnievale was 48bpm, that's 10% more than normal...

now i am starting to think that i am also coming down with something!  

- thanks guys!!!!!

read this below and let it go!

"If you suffer from recurring sore throats, it's possible that your toothbrush

is the culprit. Many people couldn't tell you how old their toothbrush is; they

just use it until it nearly falls apart--a bad policy because a toothbrush can

harbor a lot of bacteria. If you get a sore throat often, you should change your

toothbrush at least every month, and also after you've had a bout with any cold,

flu, sore throat, or other illness that could leave bacteria."

"Some people wake up almost every morning with a sore throat that disappears

as the day goes on. Then at some point late in the day they develop a runny or

stuffy nose. This can happen seasonally or all year long. This kind of sore

throat is most commonly due to allergies. Because your nose is stuffed, you

breathe through your mouth during the night. When you wake up, your throat is

sore from all that dry air. In order to stop this kind of sore throat you have

to deal with whatever is causing the allergies."

now i am starting to think that i am also coming down with something!  

- thanks guys!!!!!

read this below and let it go

"Some people wake up almost every morning with a sore throat that disappears

as the day goes on. Then at some point late in the day they develop a runny or

stuffy nose. This can happen seasonally or all year long. This kind of sore

throat is most commonly due to allergies. Because your nose is stuffed' date=' you

breathe through your mouth during the night. When you wake up, your throat is

sore from all that dry air. In order to stop this kind of sore throat you have

to deal with whatever is causing the allergies."

[/quote']

That is exaclty what I get - and if you are not careful then it can turn into an infection. It is easy to think you are getting sick when you are not. I have had a dodgy throat all week but it is definitely allergy.

If you do have a bad throat that is infected (or sinuses) then rest until you are better - last year I kept training too quickly after this sort of thing and set up a real bad recurring sickness for about 3 months until I rested and eat well (and drank well) over Christmas.

think I've got the Breathing dry air - allergie combo going on, I hate these damn FLOWERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and there stupid seed!!!!!

ja ja GUMPOLE

- i suspect that you are right! 

could be this AMAZON ANTI-TOBACCO MOUTH SPRAY stuff i have been squirting down my throat every 5 seconds.  coffee - anti-tobacco,  coffee - anti-tobacco,  and so it goes on and on...

on the other hand it could also be the domestique at home cleaning the toilet with my toothbrush?

This time of year I also suffer from the allergies. Especially when I mtb. Sometimes it gets so bad that I have to use my asthavent pump..Unhappy

Drink Gaviscon before you go to sleep at night. Most of us have slight heart burn while sleeping and bruns the throat to. It all adds up with the allergy stuff that Dr spoke about.

Another thing this could be is acid reflux - A mate of mine suffers from it.

Basically the bacteria in your stomach cant handle all the acid you are eating (because we are all taking anti-ulcer, to get rid of ulcers, which is killing the bacteria that stops this acid reflux)

So when you eat acid rich foods (coffee, beer, spicy food etc.) the acid in your stomach moves up through your throat, setting it on fire.

So you can either steer clear of things that aggravate it, or take medication (R500/month)

Supposedly, this is happening more and more, because of our diets and taking stuff for ulcers - vicious circle!

Drink Gaviscon before you go to sleep at night. Most of us have slight heart burn while sleeping and bruns the throat to. It all adds up with the allergy stuff that Dr spoke about.

Oh, I got some Gaviscon, think I'll try it out tonight, thx Cyclemania!!

OK....so it means I can train then! This forum is cheaper than to go to a doctor. Saved R150 consultation fee today.....THANKS!!!Wink