training on a mountain bike vs racing bike

isysx1

Presies Amoryns. Die fiets is swaarder en jy word sterker.

Nogtans' date=' vind ek dit snaaks dat Shane van 'n mtb na 'n "road bike" wil gaan. Meestal is dit die omkeer.

[/quote']

Yup.....

Deamon said it too.  The top MTB dudes all do their training on the road.  Ask any "good" mountainbiker......http://s3.amazonaws.com/advrider/peepwall.gif 

Road makes you stronger and faster.
MTB makes you slow.

Floyd wasn't a world Champ' date=' he was a bloody good Mtb'er however. It was the Chicken (Mickael Rasmussen)?that was World Champ in '99, also Cadel Evans, phenomenal Mtb'er, in fact there are quite a few of them in the pro-tour.[/quote']

smiley9.gif Ag skies man, some says tamytoe some says tamatoe, same difference.

That said' date=' the two makes great cross training for each other. Go have a look at the top XC racers they all do alot of distance training on roadbikes.
[/quote']

Floyd Landis was Mtb world champ, i think. and that other valverde dude also comes from a mtb background. sure theres a few more.

Micheal Rasmussen as well. Both are great for training find a balance as to what works for you and go for it.

Hmm... remember Rasmussen's TT in the TdF last year? Not much of his MTB skill on show there!

Last year I decided to buy a MTB and do my base offroad. What a f*up, It made me as slow as Sias on the Minki thread.

If you are a roadie, you can use the MTB for LSD, but don't do your base in the bush, it does not work

Yeah it's quite weird, when you ride on the Mtb you tend to ride harder than on the road but it's just a sustained output whereas for road racing you need to be able to develop rapid spikes in speed which you don't really get off-road? Well that's how I see it?

I ride my MTB around the suburb during the week as its easier to jump onto the pavement to avoid the cars!!

CAADman, I agree - a roadbike just can't get out of a taxi's way fast enough.

I have to spend at least SOME time on the raodbike, though ... otherwise my back gets sore; the geometry differs too much :-(