Hog_

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup' date=' the same dissing that Cajees gets.[/quote']

i'm not a howtenger... enlighten me

Cajees is a large retailer with 5 (I think) outlets around Joburg. They are Indian run and the price on the item is purely a bargaining startpoint.LOL

You will most likely get a better price there than anywhere else but their reputation is such that they dont have the technical knowledge of their product nor are they well known for their servicing and mechanical abilities.

A Hi-Fi Corporation of the cycling world maybe.

My ideal bike shop is one whose overheads are kept to the bare minimum thereby passing on to the consumer the benefits of a low cost structure. In other words, the online-retailers have a business model that I subscribe to.

My ideal bike shop is one whose overheads are kept to the bare minimum thereby passing on to the consumer the benefits of a low cost structure. In other words' date=' the online-retailers have a business model that I subscribe to.

[/quote']

no slutty pole dancers? free coffee? erotic massage?

Imagine this. You phone a shop and you tell them you want to book your bike in to shorten the brake hose. Yes I know you can do it yourself but I have never done it, did not have the time to learn and did not have the tools. Anyway, the next day, not week, you take your bike there during lunch time. They say you can wait for it while they do it. They already booked out the spares for it and while you browse the shop, they get it done. When it's time to pay they say that will be R32 for part and R40 for labour. I was back in the office before my lunch time was over.

Well, that shop does exist and I will go there again.

Well' date=' that shop does exist and I will go there again.

[/quote']

Same one you were upset that they were mentioned on the price fixing thread?

My ideal bike shop is one whose overheads are kept to the bare minimum thereby passing on to the consumer the benefits of a low cost structure. In other words' date=' the online-retailers have a business model that I subscribe to.

[/quote']

The slutty pole dancers are for the cheapskate low overhead shops, the classy establishments have lesbian mud wrestlers.

Well' date=' that shop does exist and I will go there again.

[/quote']

Same one you were upset that they were mentioned on the price fixing thread?

No, about 30km east from them.

[/quote']

The slutty pole dancers are for the cheapskate low overhead shops, the classy establishments have lesbian mud wrestlers.

After much thought I have to say the lesbians wrestling in jelly is a better idea. Wink

[/quote']

Damn, I left that out.

But while we're at, how about a fridge full of cold Windhoek's and biltong.

[/quote']

Damn, I left that out.

at the end of the desert dash, yes please.

[/quote']

Damn, I left that out.

So you have been to the bike shop where Holy worksLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

I dont want coffee. I prefer "Ninos coffee" anyway.

I dont want to be the owners friend - I have my own friends.

I dont want assistance from some teenager with an earring, tattoos and an attitude.

I dont need pricing on all the products - I am not in a supermarket, if I need to know, I ll ask.

I dont want to be kept waiting in a que at the till.

I dont want to be told, "Sorry" we dont accept "that" type of card - GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER.

I dont want to hear - Ill have to get it for you tomorrow - Sorry, I want it today or I would have come along tomorrow.!

I dont need to shop in a flashy neon lit, glass and chrome establishment, in fact I far prefer shoping in a smaller place where the owner is there packing stock, has a little grease on his hands and jeans and dives under a pile of boxes to get my "whatchmacallit" - shows me he is working in his business. 

I dont need to be called "Sir" - I am not Royalty.

Acknowledge my presense even if you are busy, its not necessary to fall over yourself, a friendly "Howzit bud, be with you now" will do.

Say goodbye when I leave.

Other than that be prepared to engage me on price and / or extras of value to me, a free water bottle wont cut the soap.!!

There are shops like this - but I have never found many in the cycle industry.!

My ideal bike shop:

- the one with the large chested young ladies in white crop tops soaping down my bike in sudsey, warm water while splashing it all over themselves whilst I sit on the sidewalk sipping a decent cappucino until my wife comes along, slaps me on the back of the head and then drags me off to Woolies to push the trolley...

Did I miss anything?

My ideal bike shop:

- the one with the large chested young ladies in white crop tops soaping down my bike in sudsey' date=' warm water while splashing it all over themselves whilst I sit on the sidewalk sipping a decent cappucino until my wife comes along, slaps me on the back of the head and then drags me off to Woolies to push the trolley...

Did I miss anything?

[/quote']

The lesbians jelly fighting in the one corner and the topless pole dancer in the otherWinkWinkWinkWink

I have spent upwards of an hour in a shop in somerset west and was never  offered coffee/tea once !

You need to have words with them man! At Summit cycles in Midrand (thanks Ant) I got a cup without asking last week and Ivo even knew how many sugars ........... Big%20smile

I have to agree with BigBen. They even know the name of my son and Ivo has also tried his hand at baby sitting whilst I look at the bikes.