Cape Town teams

Norris

Why don't pepal power put our Team/Club name next to our names in the results. I wish falcon Sports would start more of an opposition to pedal power.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with CK-1, PPA has the monopoly of the cycling in the Western Cape. The one hubber here said he was willing to sponser 25K but he want the DC to be sponsered "company name" DC....but NOOOOO we do not need you money.

The logo of the copany must be "For cyclists by cyclist"....can't think of a new name yet......sorry guys!Confused

Orca, what was excuse in Double?

Maties must rebuild every 2 or 3 years as riders carry on with their lives.

Mike S, moving up to Jhb to ride for Harmony, Jaco W, finished studies, not sure if he will be racing seriously, Martin M, taking a break, need tu study harder i think. Dan C, still overseas from March. Arno V, concentrating more on mtbiking, will ride the occasional roadrace. Seems like ERik will still ride Maties, along with Alex Milner, Micheal van Staden and an ex RK rider.

Orca' date=' what was excuse in Double?

[/quote']

Let's not go thereCry, ons praat nie oor die verlede nie - ons fokus net voorentoeLOL

South African Raw, Pickled & Wet Blue Hides and Skins, as well as Wool.....

well you learn something new everyday ;)

South African Raw' date=' Pickled & Wet Blue Hides and Skins, as well as Wool.....

[/quote']

lets not tell the animal rights activists about this companyWink

South African Raw' date=' Pickled & Wet Blue Hides and Skins, as well as Wool.....

[/quote']

thanks

*makes a note and passes on to sales staff*

Orca' date=' what was excuse in Double?

Maties must rebuild every 2 or 3 years as riders carry on with their lives.

Mike S, moving up to Jhb to ride for Harmony, Jaco W, finished studies, not sure if he will be racing seriously, Martin M, taking a break, need tu study harder i think. Dan C, still overseas from March. Arno V, concentrating more on mtbiking, will ride the occasional roadrace. Seems like ERik will still ride Maties, along with Alex Milner, Micheal van Staden and an ex RK rider.
[/quote']

So where are the new up and coming Matie riders???  When Mike,  Erik and Dan started at Maties they were complete novices/funriders.  Some of them where even "fat"!!!  They learnt from somebody.

Are there any Matie riders coming up through the ranks by being developed by the club???

Moolies and RK have deserved every cent spend on them' date=' and if in your opinion Butafly, they sucked the sponsor dry.... that's between them, but actually learn the facts first....... a bit harsh.QUOTE']

Whoa - oops. i never said that and how do you know my opinion? generally cyclists - and i have only experience of CT - only want to know one thing of a sponsor. How deep are your pockets? do the sums , kitting out 4 riders will set u back R25k.......entrance fees....energy drink.....transport up to 94.7 etc etc. like i said , enough to put a sponsor (sub) 3 feet under.(pardon the pun)   

Butafly..... apologies, I read as if RK were sucking sponsor dry...... yeah now read what you are saying. (just a little protective)

Recon on 500K to have a GOOD compertitive team, with a 'basic' allowance, so that they can train and travel, without work commitments.

Local Team about 50K i am sure, from the experience I have had.

(Friends?Embarrassed )

Pedal , i'd like to think that we are all friends on the forum-discussing topics maturely.

cycling is a capital intensive sport - no argument. there is nothing stopping individuals riding as a club / team, why must the riders be sponsored? any rider worth sponsoring should not be riding in CT - thats reality - riders moving to Jhb to make money out of cycling has been happening since the beginning of cycling.  

Pedal ' date=' i'd like to think that we are all friends on the forum-discussing topics maturely.

cycling is a capital intensive sport - no argument. there is nothing stopping individuals riding as a club / team, why must the riders be sponsored? any rider worth sponsoring should not be riding in CT - thats reality - riders moving to Jhb to make money out of cycling has been happening since the beginning of cycling.  
[/quote']

Not sure I agree there..

Firstly, sponsorship may or may not be based on performance - but if it is then it is performance relative to the field. If I am the best racer in CT and my sponsor is looking for exposure here then I am a good prospect for them I would have thought ?

Secondly, there are many businesses based in CT that have no real interest in the JHB market so a Cape based team or rider is attractive to them.

If we take your argument one step further then no rider in JHB is worth sponsoring because all the good riders are in Europe...

If we take your argument one step further then no rider in JHB is worth sponsoring because all the good riders are in Europe...

LOL LOL LOL

you are correct

LOL