Warmup oils/creams

FrancoisO

Hi guys, lots of rides say that these warup oils are great any response from more reliable people?(fellow hubbers)

Warmup oils/creams....  With all the threads going south, we are still talking about cycling here hey ? LOL

Best warm-up 'oil' is sweat. Just glowing on the skin as you arrive at the start line. Tip: Arrive 20-30 minutes earlier and actually warm up.

Get yourself a decent set of rollers (I have the Elite parabolic ones).

8 mins warmup

5 x intervals (1 minute full/1 minute steady)

5 minutes cool down.

Less than 25 minutes in total... then toddle off to the start pen...

Best warm-up 'oil' is sweat. Just glowing on the skin as you arrive at the start line. Tip: Arrive 20-30 minutes earlier and actually warm up.

And then the organisers change you start time on the day and you miss your start!

Not falling for that one again.......LOL

Get yourself a decent set of rollers (I have the Elite parabolic ones).

8 mins warmup

5 x intervals (1 minute full/1 minute steady)

5 minutes cool down.

Less than 25 minutes in total... then toddle off to the start pen...

jump over the barriers and push into the front of the group before the guys that are standing inline for the last 30min's....AngryAngryAngry

[

jump over the barriers and push into the front of the group before the guys that are standing inline for the last 30min's....AngryAngryAngry

Like a lot of guys at the Argus like to doAngry(94.7 more and more, recently)

Had a chap jump the fence at the Argus a year or two ago, pushed in right in the front row. No amount of hollering and remarks phased him. As the count down was on, one of his wheels burst. Everybody had a hysteric fit of laughter. While we were on our way, he had to fix a wheel. Served him right, the bozo.

I've read somewhere that it has no benefits.Apparently the oil makes the blood to go to the skin's surface...that gives the "warm" sensation.

Jip warm-up works best - but if you've got to go with your dad who's ALWAYS late (like you rock up 4minutes before you have to start and then still have to run to the league people to register >>which had to be done 30mins BEFORE the start already<< then beg them to still let you ride) you've got to use something...

So here goes...personally - i LOVE DeepHeat!! (okay...the fact that it smells like some sweets that i used to eat all the time is a bonus) but it gets your legs moving, your muscles warm and you feel quite great on the start line. Sometimes you have to stand in the bunch for a while before you actually start anyway...so another great thing about DeepHeat - there's still quite a lot on your legs, just give it another rub and it "heats up" againSmile Only schlep - your legs sometimes actually start sweating after a while....not always though..

Otherwise - chat to anyone in Bellville Cycling - they've got some imported Nettle Oil stuff that burns the living HELL out of you but works like a bomb!

Had a chap jump the fence at the Argus a year or two ago' date=' pushed in right in the front row. No amount of hollering and remarks phased him. As the count down was on, one of his wheels burst. Everybody had a hysteric fit of laughter. While we were on our way, he had to fix a wheel. Served him right, the bozo.
[/quote']

LOLClapLOLClapLOLClap love it!Evil%20Smile

I've read somewhere that it has no benefits.Apparently the oil makes the blood to go to the skin's surface...that gives the "warm" sensation.

...it still beats not being able to feel your legs because they're numb with cold - haha!Wink

[

Like a lot of guys at the Argus like to doAngry(94.7 more and more' date=' recently)

Had a chap jump the fence at the Argus a year or two ago, pushed in right in the front row. No amount of hollering and remarks phased him. As the count down was on, one of his wheels burst. Everybody had a hysteric fit of laughter. While we were on our way, he had to fix a wheel. Served him right, the bozo.
[/quote]

In the beginning of this year a guy also jumped the start group (BL group) and ignored the banter and moan as we started he was out of the marks first we just stayed on his wheel until he couldnt go anymore and attacked he just blew out of the bunchBig%20smile

That can be socially acceptable as long as you're from the correct Club!

Wink

Had a chap jump the fence at the Argus a year or two ago' date=' pushed in right in the front row. No amount of hollering and remarks phased him. As the count down was on, one of his wheels burst. Everybody had a hysteric fit of laughter. While we were on our way, he had to fix a wheel. Served him right, the bozo.
[/quote']

Mental note, pack my leatherman for the Argus. Evil%20Smile