Tour de Winlands DQ's

Dicky DQ

Dick me and Fatty was driving in the car and i still said to fatty look at this from left to right in the yellow line the guys was sitting all over the show...... and that was uo hill....... what if a guy was still drunk sunday morning and decided to do 180km/h+ on that road to Malmesbury. that would have been catastrophic........ and he did shout to them to keep laeft of the yellow line. unfortunately i did not take photos from this.

everybody knows the rules!!!!! diqualify that whole elite bunch that came together over the line...........

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fats and the Kid, I agree but then the rule must also apply to all the bunches that transgress. What is fair is fair.

the marshals was only complaining about the elites. for the other bunches i can not talk but tandems and some riders with them where pretty well behaved.

i heard the marshals complained about the elites. the main culp. where the third bunch of riders. the big elite group. Dead

Fats and the Kid' date=' I agree but then the rule must also apply to all the bunches that transgress. What is fair is fair.[/quote']

Dick, I don't know that the rest of the bunches rode on the right. In A group up Hels there were some guys that passed hard and fast on the right but moved back over immediately.

I don't think that I saw anyone riding on the right hand side to avoid the wind. And I am certain that they never rode in the yellow line on the right hand side.

I do feel for the guys that never trangressed but were DQ'ed. The thing is that now they might use peer group pressure to keep everyone else in line.

Just think about what the consequences would have been if a car had hit this bunch going round the top of hels BLIND on the wrong side of the road. All road racing in the Cape would have been in serious jeopardy.

Windbraker, fair commet, but I do know that a lot of the other groups transgressed, I have been speaking to a number of them.

Oh anyway what will be will be.

Case closed!!!

Riding on the wrong side of the road was not that bad up Hels, it was bad on the way out to Wellington. And after we were told (for the first time) to move right, 2 riders attacked hard down the right and nothing gets donw about that incident in particular which I thought was the most dangerous!

Capetownians constantly amaze me, and the rest of the country.  A local race, some poorly applied rules, some poorly obeyed rules, some lobbying on the web and voila, entire catorgory DQ'ed post facto, without any warning, AND two threads running into over 3 pages.

AMAZING

As someone who races in the leagues with you lot' date=' and sits on the league sub-comm I say this:

You KNEW the rules, you broke the rules, you paid the price..

Unfortunately those that didn't break the rule also gets punished now, but that can't be helped.
[/quote']

I didn't break the rules - I was off the back before we all ended up in the gutter... Cry

Velouria, you know better than that....next time stick with me, atleast you'll then make it to Helz with the groupLOLWink

Yes Marius, but then you should not waste all your energy on sticking with the front bunch up Hels. You should then also wait for the old, slow, fat boys that know how to get back in the wind.

I KNOW, i FEEL Like such **** knowing I waisted all my energy trying to go over as fast as I could only to be passed by you back markers on the Malmesbury road and having no energy left hooking up with your bunch.

Me and Colonel will was suffering like crazy, well Colonel used more colorfull words while we sufferd...hahahaha, how much for the wheels Colonel, like the white spokes!!

That said, as we started Helz the guy behind me said "Nice, only 4guys behind us" I'll never forget that, it's soooo f**king funny!!! we suck ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Guest colonel
Sorry guys' date=' The Elite's are back after wetting their panties.

Seems that the DQ was only for the night. smiley21.gif [/quote']

No they not.

wow, I've not seen PPA do sooooooo much in one day??? Why can't they be so productive the other 364 days of the year??LOL 

Just kidding PPA, you know I did not cross that damn white line, promise, ....ok, so that guy on the bike wiff the camara got me on the wrong side, but ey, we all friends and he was on the wrong side tooooLOL 

I've got the perfect defense strategy as well. I'm a freaken Cyclist! It's quite simple, Cylcing as a Sub-culture requires one to partake in and do as what is required to fit into said group. <?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

So as Cyclists it is Common knowledge that we Cyclists call ?wheels-suck?, let me explain, we brag to your friends how good you can ?wheel-suck? till the end of the race only to pass the suckers at the end and win the race. Anyway, to become a good ?wheel-sucker? one must sharpen his skills, focusing on nothing but the wheel in front of you. See that's what I did, I kinda zoned out, blocked everything else out and just focused on that wheel. If said wheel moved over a white line h-t-f should I know this, I was in a zone man!Clown