Cars and indicators

L'Bie

I gave up on motorists about a year ago. 

They are ALL a bunch of no-brainers.  If something positive actually happens' date=' I see it as a rare clear moment.......

Otherwise....expect the unexpected.  Prepare for the worst and you will be fine.

Riding in traffic is actually fun.  You get to check out all the lovely lady drivers.  Make people smile when you moer down, loosing your balance.  And you practice sign language.

FUN I tell you!!!!
[/quote']

I prefer having them read my lipsBig%20smile

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They are ALL a bunch of no-brainers.  If something positive actually happens' date=' I see it as a rare clear moment.......

[...']

oh no! 

you gave up on pretty much everyone here. you feel lonely now?

Otherwise....expect the unexpected.  Prepare for the worst and you will be fine.

Riding in traffic is actually fun.  You get to check out all the lovely lady drivers.  Make people smile when you moer down, loosing your balance.  And you practice sign language.

FUN I tell you!!!!
[/quote']

Agreed. But only on a MTB...

the only way to really learn to drive a car using all the std. features (indicator, mirrors,...) Is to ride a motorcycle in traffic. Then you realise how little motorists actually see anything. then when you are back in your car. You are more aware of the situations from a bikes point on view and actually you can make better judgments when turning or braking. or whatever...<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

What p!sses me off is when people change lanes and put their indicator on when they are already halfway across the line. Some drivers think that because they have their indicator on they have automatic right to pull in front of you, regardless if there is enough place between you and the motorist in front.

Now that my wife is learning to drive she is very quick to point out when I don't use my indicators...which doesn't happen very often. I just wish she would learn to put her headlights on when driving at night.....now that is a driving experience of note but won't dicuss it here

LOL SD...

Same with me. I almost got bumped off by my fiancee... Was chatting to her at a red robot. And before it could turn green. I left her window to go to the left side of the car. And she decided to pull off cause she thought I was moving cause it was green. And got such a fright cause I cliped the front fender... LOL...  needless to say I was not very impressed with her. I wxplained to her that, htat is how motorists loose thier mirrors or get the bird... :D

What p!sses me off is when people change lanes and put their indicator on when they are already halfway across the line. Some drivers think that because they have their indicator on they have automatic right to pull in front of you' date=' regardless if there is enough place between you and the motorist in front.

Now that my wife is learning to drive she is very quick to point out when I don't use my indicators...which doesn't happen very often. I just wish she would learn to put her headlights on when driving at night.....now that is a driving experience of note but won't dicuss it here

[/quote']

Sounds like great funLOL

But all of us probably act idiotically sometimes, on the bike (guys jumping red robots comes to mind), and in our cars (again jumping red robots, I think I've got a problemEmbarrassed)

The point is that we should all try to drive and ride better and safer, that way we'll be justified in flipping the bird at the guy who nearly flattened you when he's in the wrong, but our side has got to be clean first

Here in Rustenburg, you do not just pull off when the robot goes green for you. Guaranteed that at least two cars will skip the red robot. Even when you come up to a robot that is already green, you slow down to see if the wankers coming from the side will actually stop.

The same thing applies to Stop streets. It just gets ignored. The faster they can go over it, the better. When you approach a stop street together with another car, he will speed up to go over the Stop street before you, too afraid he will have to wait an extra second or two.

well you can try this...

follow the car... walk up to it with a screw driver and remove the lights. If the ass hole goes mad tell him that he is not using it, so you removed it...

I drive the latest BMW' date=' the salesmen said indicators are an optional extras on 90% of all BMW.... I decided to do without and to use the money for spinners. Cool
Embarrassed
I did a little research and it came to my attention that all cars on the road  indicators are an optional extraAngry  [/quote']

I saw the spec sheets for the BMWs. You either get indicators or the attitude, but not both. The problem is, the indicators costs R50 000 but attitude is free. So guess what most people choose. LOL

oh so true.LOL

driving on the N1 every day - i  see lots of cars with dis-functional indicators. a 6th sense comes in handy  .... Big%20smile 

When my father was teaching me how to drive back in the late 70's, early 80's I was told that "you use your flickers as an indication of intent, and not of action." I still hear those words from my late dad, and I still abide by them.

You people have lost it completely. Have you forgotten that our country is in an energy crisis. WE HAVE TO SAVE ENERGY. Indicators use energy. Dont use them. PLEASE!

You people have lost it completely. Have you forgotten that our country is in an energy crisis. WE HAVE TO SAVE ENERGY. Indicators use energy. Dont use them. PLEASE!

Yeah, I know most drivers have the energy to move their arm and fingers to flip the lever for the indicators.Wink

Learnt something on the Think Bike forum, and it works!!  While travelling near/around cars (in close proximity) watch the front wheel of the cars.  When the driver starts turning you'll pick it up immediately.  This piece of advice has saved my bee-hind a few times already!

When my father was teaching me how to drive back in the late 70's' date=' early 80's I was told that "you use your flickers as an indication of intent, and not of action." I still hear those words from my late dad, and I still abide by them.[/quote']

I think the K53 still asks that. From reading all the responces, I can only come to the conclusion that basically everybody out there feel absolutely squat about the law.