Transformation of Teams and Elite Cycling

Chrispy

From CyclingSA Transformation Blue print

Transformation of Teams and Elite Cycling<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

? Pro teams to have a minimum of 2 PDI riders on the squad.

? Programmes need to be put in place to identify and develop PDI cyclists, to a provincial, national and international Representative teams in 2007

Down the dark and slippery slope we go again. Then again do we really have any pro teams? what about Barloworld will they also have to fit in with this?

ek wil nie lelik wees nie maar dis 'n joke...hoeveel gekleurde vroue het jy al gesien fiets ry?????????????ek persoonlik nog nie een nie...dis ***

This document is a farce,only as good as the paper it is written on.What is said in it will not materialize due to the fact that CSA and the provinces are not in a position to police it and will do nothing about the transgressions thereof. EG - How do you tell Minolta or Microsoft that they must get two PDI in their team for 2007 at this stage of the year.

If CSA is serious about transformation do it the proper way start at the bottom and build up from Juniors to Elite level. Any PDI person riding in the pro teams must be capable of holding their own hence purley on merit, not on window dressing.

I believe guys such as Tuis,Nolan,Garth,Prins,Roy has proven themselves already that they can play with the big boys hence they can be an inspiration the the youngsters coming through the ranks.

Stop talking and set-up the national and provincial academies whereby no one person owns the riders and dictates when and where they will ride but does it for national pride.

amoryns: there are a couple of female youngsters of colour in the WC on the track, but thats about the only place I see them regularly. Could be because track has always been very popular in Boland...

okei maar ek bly nie in die kaap nie...hier in gauteng is nie een nie....feitlik die hele transformasie crap pee my net af.......flip ek wil ook een van die kinders wees wat deur apartheid geraak is want lyk my alles word net op 'n skinkbord vir hulle gegee. dis hoekom so baie van ons vriende land uit gaan. As jy talent het het jy talent......flip man raak ek sommer nou die hel in

what about Barloworld will they also have to fit in with this?

Isn't TBL a UK registered team?

off the UCI website:

Address 

Graybell Management Ltd 

32, Sackville Street 

W1S 3EA LONDON

Country 

GREAT BRITAIN 

Phone 

(+44 ) 20 7434 50 81

Fax 

(+44 ) 20 7432 60 80

Email 

info@grybellmanagement.com 

WebSite 

www.teambarloworld.com 

So surely this quota system would not apply to them. However, I wouldn't discount barloworld doing something for development as part of corporate social investment.

I think its quite sad really, the quota system has sort of fallen away in most main stream sports, where it was never really very successfull anyway, to introduce it now into cycling, in my opinion just shows how far cycling still has to go to be looked at and accepted as a main stream sport, and how backward thinking this committee is.

By all means lets start looking for, identifying and growing talents from all race groups, but the "big brother - do as I say attitude" really dos no justice to the efforts already in place.

These guys shouls learn from Rugby, the quota system does not work. All it does is put the entire team on its back foot because they have to include rides that are not upto scratch and shouldnt be there.

There are a few good PD riders in South Africa that are well worth it. Why dont they just let the process deal with itself and eventualy the talent wether it be black or white will filter through.

The problem is with the people who put these rules in place. They have no clue as to what is going on in the sport. SA riders in general are a bit out of their depth when racing against the worlds best, now go and throw in a few Darkies just for the sake of transformation and the problem gets even worse.

Pathetic.

amoryns as jy dink hierdie is n skinkbord arrangement moet jy party van die deals in die Corporate arena sien!!

Stel jouself dit voor - jou nuwe spanmaat kom by die race aan. Met n motorfiets. Jy leen vir haar die petrol v d motorfiets. Halfpad raak die petrol op. Jy sleep haar tot by die einde met jou fiets. Sy kry die prysgeld, jy kry n lekker fake goue medalje. Sy verkoop haar motorfiets - nou bestaan haar cash uit die bike se geld plus haar prysgeld.

Funny? Ek challenge enigeiemand wat iets van BEE deals weet om my verkeerd te bewys!

Daar is 'n Mpumelela(???) girltjie wat so twee jaar terug amper my g@t geskop het in die Simonsvlei Girls-league race. Party ry goed, maar dis regtig belaglik om hulle in Pro spanne te probeer sit as daar 20 ander ryers is wat baie beter ry. Gee hulle fietse dat hulle kan oefen en perform.

Maar hulle moet slegs in die spanne gesit word as hulle dit verdien met hulle results, nie oor velkleur of politiek nie!!!Angry Kyk, as iemand my fair and square beat het ek glad nie 'n probleem daarmee nie, maar ek gaan die hel in wees as ek 'n plek in 'n span geweier word omdat die regering oral wil inmeng.Angry Dit is iets wat regtig my bloed laat kook!

What's so hard? I have 5 PDI riders in my team next year! No problem....Actually a huge problem. I got three of my PDi riders from YCA and the two other through other private systems pushing it.

The problem with this development draft is not the draft, but the implementation thereof. Again there was a meeting of heads and then the actions to rectify the situation gets thrown onto the shoulders of sponsors, teams, etc.

How about if it went this way:

Teams, transformation is a negelected area in your setups. We have made a plan and for the past three years have set up an academy to regognise and train talented PDI riders( and for the matter of fact any talented riders). We require you to start taking action by hiring young talent for your teams. Please contact us so we can provide with the long list of names to choose from. The riders on this list have been properly trained by us for the past three years and are of the standard to be included in South African  elite teams.

It's quite interesting what we call development in this country. Next year we are doing a bit of grooming for some of our talented Mtb'ers looking at the 2008 Olympics, and it's about bloody time.

But compare that to the Kiwi's (not the biggest cycling nation in the world), they also have a grooming academy, the target differs though, they're grooming their riders for the 2012 Olympics, big difference!