tubeless

cat-i

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if you don't do the conversion properly (Stans , Joe's , homemade) on any rim or tyres it will give you problems . Done it Conti's , Larsens (TT/Crossmax) , Kenda karmas and even no name brnad tyres on a PicknPay bike . No air loss over time , no messy instalations bla bla bla . Daemon will have a problem with his conversion because he is

1. overweight

2. a roadie

3. insane

I did a conversion using 20'' tubes and no name tyres. No problems. The tyres seated with a normal floor pump. The important bit is the sealant. The best...Sludge, and my new fav liquid latex.

The worst....Stans!

Titus..This is the first time I used Conti tyres. Will wait and see what happens on the long run.

if you don't do the conversion properly (Stans ' date=' Joe's , homemade) on any rim or tyres it will give you problems . Done it Conti's , Larsens (TT/Crossmax) , Kenda karmas and even no name brnad tyres on a PicknPay bike . No air loss over time , no messy instalations bla bla bla . Daemon will have a problem with his conversion because he is

1. overweight

2. a roadie

3. insane
[/quote']

1. Yup my bike is overweight

2. hahaha

3. Note, Stans does not work if  your doing jumps etc in skateparks or ride halfpipes with your mtb.

Titus..This is the first time I used Conti tyres. Will wait and see what happens on the long run.

I have no problems with their tubeless compatability, I just don't like their tread patterns, that's all.

Also don't like Conti's, the knobbies tend to rip holes in die tyre surface.

Titus, whats you thoughts / experiance with the Schwalbe range of tyres??

The Schwalbe's I've always liked, haven't used them much though. Personally I use the Bontrager Jones XR's 2.25 front, 2.2 rear. The Kenda Nevegal DTC's are quite nice as are the Kenda Small Block Eight's. My favourite racing combination on my clown bike was a Hutchinson Python rear and a Hutchinson Scorpion front, converted to tubeless, but the tubeless Hutchi's work really nicely too (I used to use them for training). Also the Specialized boys have got a nice range of tyres.

Non Tubeless Tyres

==================

Conti twister pro @ 446gr

Python light @ 491gr

maxxis high roller @ 496gr

larsen TT @ 480gr

Schwalbe Fast Freds @ 400gr

Schwalbe Racing Ralph @ 461 gr

Kenda Karma's

Kenda Nevegal's

Bontrager Jones XR's

WTB Epic wolf's

Is this the most general one's we use?

My epic choice will be

1. Bontrager XR's

2. Bontrager Revolt super X

3. Schwalbe Racing ralphs

All are lightweigt and durable.

If I had to try a new brand I'll go for the Schwalbe Racing Ralphs - they are how ever quite expensive..but then again that ensures not every nobby on the block will be riding themTongue

I raced a set of Schwalbe Racing Ralphs during the Transalps and to date they are the best tires I have ever used.... pity about the price though.

Currently trying the Conti Speedkings as well but they also tend to drift badly on the dry stuff, just like the Explorers.... had some hair-raising moments on Sunday but managed to stay upright.

Back to Schwalbes... I ordered my last set off Germany's ebay site. The prices were way better than local.

Perhaps, but they work! That is all I care about when going downhill (and also now my tyre pressure, anyway my own fault). Yeah, on that list I don't like the Conti's, also find I got no traction out of them, or the Maxxis.

Tend to agree with Titus, started out using Conti's, tried just about all the tyres they made, they suck, no grip and easy to write off. As for the Maxxis tyres, only been using the CrossMarks, it has beter grip than the Conti's... just... and you'll have a hard time writing them off except if you ride like my GF and managed to write of two pairs over two days...freako! They are also very economical.

Once I'm done with the CrossMarks I'm moving on to the Racing Ralphs.