Song of the day, add your current favourite....

SwissVan

its like the smiths and panic

True and don't get me wrong, yes people buy their albums and enjoy the track but how many legacies forward will they still be played and known.

As a side, MIX FM just played Adele with that Someone like you cr@p.

I am still tasting the vile.

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

blame fight club for that pixies = where is my mind thinking.

and now mix is playing the Cure and not one of the usual ones. :-)

blame fight club for that pixies = where is my mind thinking.

and now mix is playing the Cure and not one of the usual ones. :-)

In between days.

Speaking of the likes of Pink Floyd and the Smiths et al...whats up with British music? I cannot honestly think of a memorable band or artist since at least the early to mid 90's...and I cannot really classify Arctic Monkeys or Muse etc etc. as that. I happened to see the Brit Awards A few years back, and it felt like it was the 90's again...

Speaking of the likes of Pink Floyd and the Smiths et al...whats up with British music? I cannot honestly think of a memorable band or artist since at least the early to mid 90's...and I cannot really classify Arctic Monkeys or Muse etc etc. as that. I happened to see the Brit Awards A few years back, and it felt like it was the 90's again...

does Franz Ferdinand count? (from scotland)

this is the first franz ferdinand that I heard that got me into them

does Franz Ferdinand count? (from scotland)

this is the first franz ferdinand that I heard that got me into them

hmmm.....maybe :whistling: ...I did not enjoy that first album, and have subsequently not listened to him since

Speaking of Scotland..I did forget:

Camera Obscura

The Delgados

arcade fire can do no wrong.

will convert you to the franz ferdinand side too.

any of you nick cave & TBS fans?

Gilmour to me is the reason of their success and the reason their legacy lives on.

He is an exceptional musician and also holds the Pink Floyd brand close to his heart.

If you listen to his On an Island solo album you immediately make a connection with Pink Floyd.

You will get 4 types of Floyd fans.

The Syd Barrett fans.

Roger Waters Fans.

David Gilmour fans.

……..and last but not least, the "We don 't need no education" fans.

I'm not a huge fan of the Syd Barrett days, mostly because the music was so driven by drugs and experimentation that it's difficult to get into with a straight head. They were also big into the theatre of the music though visuals which was aided by the quality of acid they were taking.

I love both Gilmour and Waters, each for different reasons. I agree that Gilmour is the sound of Pink Floyd, except for the Waters driven albums, The Wall and The Final Cut. I love Gilmour's style of playing which for me is about using the space around the music, and he just scuplts journeys through sound. Waters on the other hand is more intense and wants to say something. I love how he integrates various sounds and audio snippets to tell part of his story. My favourite album of all time is Amused to Death. It is a journey album for me and deserves to be listened to in it's entirety and loudly so that you hear all the sounds and things going on in the background.