Shaving

Slave

I think Hygiene should go with cleaning the wound after you've crashed' date=' it would then makes sense.[/quote']
I spoke to a doctor buddy of mine and he reckons that, so long as you do actually clean and disinfect the wound, it makes no difference whether you have hair or not.

So with that theory in mind, if I take take out motor vehicle insurance does it mean I'm now imune to all damages & theft, my word some of you just can't help but take things literally & out of context.

As for the comments about "crashing less", we don't ride bikes worth 50K+ so we can crash, what was shared above in previous posts is mere precautions for if we should crash, which is highly unlikely, but when we do, we are prepared.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Besides some classic comments and a few good guffaws, the jury is till out on the issue of shaving / using hair remover.LOL

I have not found a convincing argument one way or the other, so, I'm still foncused.Confused

Milky, you're so right, it helps to be prepared for a fall, but we don't plan on it. The skin on the legs, arms etc will grow again but the damage to an expensive toy is just not worth it.

With modern meds today, hygiene is not the issue it once was, making shaving a notion of asthetics rather than being practical. (It looks good, chicks dig it etc.)

I fell off my boyhood racer and many other bikes more than a few times so pain is no stranger to me. At the time, I recall not being able to tell if it was the pain from my skin being ripped from my legs or if it was the hair being ripped out at the roots. Pain is pain and far better to stay on the bike. Less damage al round.

Fortunately, I am not a hairy person and this strangely enough, has nothing to do with testosterone levels. (I understan from some tests I had done many years ago, that mine is slightly above the considered "normal levels".)

I will delay the shaving antics until I am more competitive and there is a distinct speed advantage. Pigs will fly over frozen hell before that  happens so I'll just be one of the non-shavers.

The pros and posers alike can thus relax when they see me line up at the start, safe in the knowledge that I will not be there to take the victory and glory from them. My somewhat hairy legs will slow me down too much.Cool

So with that theory in mind' date=' if I take take out motor vehicle insurance does it mean I'm now imune to all damages & theft, my word some of you just can't help but take things literally & out of context.

As for the comments about "crashing less", we don't ride bikes worth 50K+ so we can crash, what was shared above in previous posts is mere precautions for if we should crash, which is highly unlikely, but when we do, we are prepared.
[/quote']

Not sure I see your point about insurance. Possible I didn't word my reply correctly.

His point was that, after a crash, your infection risk is exactly the same whether you have shaved or hairy body parts. Of course, if you don't clean and disinfect after the crash there's the risk that something might go vrot and fall off - hairy or not Cry

Yeah, a mate of mine shaves his arms... looks helluva funny when it grown back!

So, what's the verdict? If you shave, get everything bar the kop?

and if you don't - just trim?

Have one of those barber clippers to trim the hair short first and then shave, but as I said, the jury is till in deliberation.

Think I might do the shaving trick if I get to be really competitive.

Otherwise I will proudly wear the few I have and my claim to fame will be that of a "non-Poser".LOL

Shaving is a cycling thing to do.  It shows that you arfe commited to the sport.  Some form of initiation.  LIke I am willing to look like some gay guy, that is how serious I am about cycling.

IMAGE IS EVERYTHING, especially when you have no results.

Just wax man........

What... Wax your soft and squishies...<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

cant even say "you got balls to do that"... That is pure torture

Shaving is a cycling thing to do.  It shows that you arfe commited to the sport.  Some form of initiation.  LIke I am willing to look like some gay guy' date=' that is how serious I am about cycling.

IMAGE IS EVERYTHING, especially when you have no results.
[/quote']

Harharhahahaha. FOFLMFAO.LOL

I shave because my leg hair grows unbelievably long and thick (strange since the rest of me isn't too hairy). Back in 94 when I started cycling I had a roastie which got infected where the hairs were matted in the wound.

It kept me off the bike for weeks so I vowed to at least keep the hairs short - although I'm not pedantic about keeping legs smooth all the time. I only tend to do it once a month or so as I don't mind it growing up to a cm or so.

Just wax man........

What... Wax your soft and squishies...<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

cant even say "you got balls to do that"... That is pure torture

Believe its called the "Crack, back and sack wax"

• 11 years later...

There was some other thread here somewhere but the search function really suck on the site, so this thread will have to do.

Shout out to https://www.bundubeard.co.za/

Not a lot of online places with these good prices that you buy safety razors and blades from.

Ordered yesterday and was delivered today.  

Edited by Spinnekop

There was some other thread here somewhere but the search function really suck on the site, so this thread will have to do.

Shout out to https://www.bundubeard.co.za/

Not a lot of online places with these good prices that you buy safety razors and blades from.

We discussing feminine hygiene products on the Hub now!?

Well I guess that shouldn't surprise me....

Shout out to https://www.bundubeard.co.za/

I think that shaving thread died with the server melt down a year or two ago.

I think that shaving thread died with the server melt down a year or two ago.

Thank goodness, because using an epilator? is the way to go :whistling: