Training in the wind

hagar

Hi fellow Hubbers

I read that riding in the wind was similar to riding uphill.

I would like to know that riding into a headwind of +- 25 km/hr what gradient would that equate to if any .

I stay in Saldanha on the West Coast and this time of the year the wind blows all day and night.

Thanks

Got no idea but just make sure you cycle towards Langebaan on your out strip . It's always easier to get home with the wind in your back .

So MDK does that mean that the pilot is going uphill and the stoker is riding on the flat ? smiley36.gif smiley36.gif

don't know if I would say riding into a head wind and climbing are the same.  they're both hard, but otherwise different.  just ride into the damn wind all the time.  It will be good for you and you'll get "hard".

Your legs will not be able to tell the difference between climbing and riding into a headwind - I usually refer to a headwind as a hill that you can not see.

Then again, I also refer to a hill as a flat piece of ground that just happens to be pointing upwards, so my advice may not be terribly helpful.

So MDK does that mean that the pilot is going uphill and the stoker is riding on the flat ? smiley36.gif smiley36.gif
Presume it can be seen like that only problem is that the bike becomes double the weight. CryHills are quite the opposite and purely based on strenghth. Pomping wind behind you is also another ding. Imagine doing 65 - 70km/h and a HR of 45% of max. Did that one day coming from Cape Town with a + 40km wind from the back and in places even overtook cars. Was kinda funny seeing their expressionsShocked as we cruised past. LOL

Your legs will not be able to tell the difference between climbing and riding into a headwind - I usually refer to a headwind as a hill that you can not see.   
and makes you strong like Mother Russia

thanks for the advice most welcome!!!

pbp2007  the guys info looks good will give it a try !!!! 

thanks bruce  the natal and gauteng guys/gals dont know what it is like here in summer .

Yes strong like Mother Russia LOLLOLLOL

I'm too scared to plug our weekend scenario into the software... we'll spend about 10 hours getting blasted northward (hopefully) and about 30 hours slogging away into the SE.

Forecast: Saturday Strong SE

Sunday: Fresh SW

Prognosis: Sufferfest.

First 300: Diep River - R27 - right at Yzerfontein/Darling turnoff - Darling - Hermon - Paarl - Durbanville Hills - Diep River

Second 300: Diep River - Klapmuts - Franschhoek - R43 - Bot River - Kleinmond - Bottelary - Diep River.

Start Saturday 04h00

Cutoff Sunday 20h00 (40 hrs)

This is a qualifier for Paris-Brest 2007.