Subaru Service Stinks

Paul Ruinaard

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a quick note on oil - synthetic oil lasts (almost) forever. The problem is the suspended k@k in it. But dealers dont use synthetic because it's very bad for business.

JB is 100% on the mark. Modern cars should cost about R500 to service (not major) and they (the dealers) (drug dealers?) do almost zero.

To the Renault hubber - pray that your clutch never goes! Cost to replace = R35000!!!!!!

To the oke who likes Honda - engineering at its best BUT you have to have a dealer who knows what he is doing or else all that clever engineering is going to rip your nuts out.

Finally, be clever and buy a second hand Toyota!

my ford ranger has done 100000km's and never chnged breakpad,, same went for my colt.... think subaru drivers aretrying to prove a point to BMW drivers!!! WRC probably change breakpads every race,,, its how you drive!!

Jeez Tienieb - well spotted! Here is a chance to score a Zillion points worth of  customer loyalty and goodwill. Good luck and I really hope that the proud Subaru owner gets sorted! LOL

I have to agree with Summit Cycles, Subarus are great cars. I can not comment about their dealers, beacuse I never (except collecting my first one form Braynston) used their services or their 'plans'.

As cars go, subarus are very similar to bicycles: you can personalise/modify them to your taste/needs. Unfortunately, but not unlike lightweight bicycles, the quicker they became - the more expensive is the ownership experience.

WRT R90-00 Castrol oil. I presume, sir, that when you ride you drink only Braamfonteinspruit water?

I have to agree with Summit Cycles' date=' Subarus are great cars. I can not comment about their dealers, beacuse I never (except collecting my first one form Braynston) used their services or their 'plans'.

As cars go, subarus are very similar to bicycles: you can personalise/modify them to your taste/needs. Unfortunately, but not unlike lightweight bicycles, the quicker they became - the more expensive is the ownership experience.

WRT R90-00 Castrol oil. I presume, sir, that when you ride you drink only Braamfonteinspruit water?

[/quote']

HaHa, Yah, but the posts a YEAR old.! Maybe it was 90 bucks back then.?

As for the maintenance plan, I am sort of looking around for a new Audi as my plan is finished now, I will probably only buy it in Jan to get the latest model, but you cant buy an Audi WITHOUT a plan, its part and parcel of the deal.

Actually, I think a plan is great, it makes for 100.000kms worry free motoring and Audis's plan is excellant, you pay only for petrol and tyres, brake pads are definately included and theres no distance frame involved, when they are worn, they get changed, hang, they even replaced my battery on the plan, included a wheel alingement free every "x" (I dont know the figures) number of kilometers and you get Audi Assist if you are stuck somewhere - I have used them before when I was away on vacation and the car's central locking / immobiliser / alarm went haywire, they collected my car on a flatbed and took it to the workshop to repair - No charge.

porky2009-10-17 05:14:08