Clearwater Ocean Basket - pathetic

pastapouch

just received this on my mail...

PASS THIS ON TO AS MANY PEOPLE AS YOU KNOW!<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

OCEAN BASKET - CLEARWATER MALL - SHAME ON YOU!

On Friday night, 8 December, my son was looking forward to celebrate his 17th birthday with a friend at Clearwater Mall. A movie and a bite to eat sounded just great and off they went.

The mall was quite busy but they were lucky to find a table at Ocean Basket and ordered two soft drinks and a Fisherman's basket to share - the total bill, about R60

Soon after the food arrived, the waiter approached them and indicated that customers were queuing outside. My son did not quite understand what was meant and thought the waiter was making conversation. A few minutes later the manager arrived at their table saying: 'Sorry guys, I don't want to be rude but I can't make a living like this (pointing at the food they ordered), I have families waiting outside' He then asked them to leave - only now my son understood ............that they have not ordered enough food to warrant a bill that was big enough to secure their seat at Ocean Basket any longer.

By now, they had consumed about half of the food and drink. My son was very embarrassed and the manager said they didn't have to pay the bill. However, as they got up to leave, the waiter approached and insisted they pay the bill, which he did, feeling to embarrassed to make a scene.

Well, Mr Manager, it is clear that you only have a short term profit mind set, but I can tell you, you have forever lost the business, not only from two young teenagers (who will have families of their own one day) but also from two sets of families, friends and colleagues with wide influence. In addition, this letter will be read in multiple newspaper letter columns and talked about by many consumers and business people visiting the web site www.hellopeter.com who still believe in the customer experience and have the common sense to know that you hook consumers into your services and products from a very young age.

Thank you for spoiling a young man's birthday!

This is a franchise and they should get word of this .

The Dros in the Waterkloof shopping centre did not wanna give us a plate of chip last thursday night unless we order a meal with it !!!!

I always go to Key West's, and its the best one. Have been to PE's OB, Cape town's , Bloubergstrand's and KW just beats them all. Never had a problem with anything there. Seems this guy is out to make a quick buck(laughing). That doesn't happen in business.

I've just noticed that Cervelo's post begins "Just received this in my email..." and the whole darn' thing is a copy-and-paste.

Cheer me up!  If the original guy had a problem he should have raised it with the manager.  OK, he was 17 years old, so perhaps the guy's father should have raised it with the OB manager, with the young 'un in tow.  (Sub text: look, son, this is how you deal with a problem in a mature fashion.)

But here we have some anonymous whining that will not fix anything!

If somebody has a problem, grow a ball and deal with it in a positive and constructive manner.

Where is the relationship between Ocean Basket and Cycling?

If you don't like the topic, stay out of it. The subject clearly states that its about Ocean basket so there was no need for you to access it.  There are more than enough cycling specific topics for youAngry And I don't recall any rule on what may and may not be posted

Nothing wrong with the topic Cervelo. I just think it is unfair on the owner of Ocean Basket to give him this bad publicity in a public cycling forum.

Surely every bad service any South African receive can not be entertained on this forum? Ever considered that the owner of this Ocean Basket here in question could be a CYCLIST?

I think it is great that we are warned about bad service even if it is not really related to cycling . Put it all over the web for all to read .

Whats wrong in trying to run a succesful business? Its standard procedures in any restaurant to keep a high turn around time on the tables. Agreed this owner did it the wrong way. But I do not see the need to post this on any forum. Its something that could have been sorted out by the client and the owner. But clearly the client wasnt mature enough to do this.

Confused You are not ### serious !!! No wonder the rest of us has to deal with pathetic service !! Cause of this type of attitute !! "spend big bucks or stay away " If my kid is not welcome to spend his R10 at a shop then I am not welcome to spend my R1000 there either .

Sad but true DRider. This happens in any restaurant, some owners do it in such a manner that the poor client doesnt even know it! I agree that was uncalled for. If it was me I would have spend the whole evening eating my 1/2 platter and drinking tap water.

Ermmm, how many wrongs igzackly does it take to make a right?

The restaurant manager was completely in the wrong to ask a customer to leave.

But an "email to everybody you know" or a posting on a web forum will achieve nothing at all.  No wait, that's not quite right.  The aggrieved party gets to vent some spleen and think "that'll teach 'em!" without actually doing anything at all.