Want to lose some extra kilo's

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When I want to lose weight I go for longer low intensity rides. It has always worked for me. As for eating - listen to your body. If you are hungry - eat. But know when to stop.

See if you can get your hands on Mark Pilgrims book or CD that's being endorsed by USN products.

I have a mate that went onto that program for 12weeks, minus all the suppliments (coz that's marketing hype) except protein shakes & phedra-cuts.

He trained 6 days a week (3 days gym - only for 50min and 3 days cardio - run/bike) and the results he achieved were honestly mindblowing. He went from 97kilos to 83kilos and gained a sh*tload of lean muscle. I'd post pics but then he'd kill me!!!!

And no, I don't work for USN, but if you can go hardcore for 12 weeks, then this will work. I'm starting my schedule on the 2nd Jan... will keep you informed on how it goes.

Biggest downside is NO ALCOHOL... not even one little beer Cry

Biggest downside is NO ALCOHOL... not even one little beer Cry

I have already lost on this issue.....I really ganna struggle if that is one criteria.

Buff that sounds like a good idea, the only thing is you don't want too much lean muscle mass on the upper body otherwise you'll be going backwards on the hills, also don't  lose the too weight quickly as it's not good for the immune system, eat small meals throughout the day and don't have a big supper. Lsd riding does work: About three years ago i went to london and rode around with a courier buddy of mine, i shed the weight quite quickly, i did a lot of riding(lsd) and a lot of beer....LOL 

don't want too much lean muscle mass on the upper body otherwise you'll be going backwards on the hills

You need that dude, rather too much lean muscle on upper body than "Man Boobs"!

There's nothing wrong with lean muscle unless you're intending on becoming a pro rider. Majority us us are fun/league riders and a little lean muscle helps you man-handle that bike up the climbs, especially if you're into mtbing.

girls, losing weight is - discipline - discipline - discipline. DON' EAT THAT FREAKIN SLAB OF CHOCOLATELOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Seriously , the best is to limit calories and not to starve yourself, have a filling breakfast, eat regular small meals through the day, have a lunch, and proper dinner. And if you train hard, use supplments, because you'll get hungry and eat junk if you don't get all the necessary nutrients.

don't want too much lean muscle mass on the upper body otherwise you'll be going backwards on the hills

You need that dude, rather too much lean muscle on upper body than "Man Boobs"!

If you have a strong core you don't need large amounts of lean muscle mass, and you should never man handle a bike, everything has to be smooth when riding otherwise you are wasting energy...

everything has to be smooth when riding otherwise you are wasting energy...

Come ride Jonkers on Sunday and you might re-think that quote when you're trying to bunny-hop a fallen tree at 40km/h Big%20smile

everything has to be smooth when riding otherwise you are wasting energy...

Come ride Jonkers on Sunday and you might re-think that quote when you're trying to bunny-hop a fallen tree at 40km/h Big%20smile
I agree Buff, but most of the time it should just be the legs doing all the work and the upper body should be kept as still as possible, especially on a climbs.....

more protein & less starch

eat 3 times a day (at least)

drink water instead of high-carb drink for training

drink plenty of water during the day

don't drink beer

if you are really diligent do 45mins in the afternoon after work on the indoor @ a steady HR between 70-75% of max.  again only water!!!!

plenty of sleep to release the GH

stay away from any from of french fries & simba crisps!!!!!!