Creatine

busch1

Hi

I am a junior lisenced rider. I train 5 to 6 times a week. I am quite thin and my bmi is around 18-19. (179cm and 60kg) I think that i need to put on weight and get my bmi to 20. to put on weight i was thinking of taking creatine. now i have heard that its not been tested enough and the side effects are uncertain. also that the muscles retain water.

I would like to see wat you guys have to say. if any of you have tried creatine and if it can benifit my racing and at the same time i can put on some weight. or should i just leave it and not take anything.??

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, let me qualify, I have used creatine and other more potent performance things, and when I say don't touch it, at least wait till your body is fully developed before you meddle with it.

Same advice as everyone else, at your age stick to training and leave the chemicals alone.

If you're serious about wanting to pick up some weight, rather go chat to a dietician and focus on what you're eating.

Dude, don't do it. Creatine is a bit uncontrolled. Rather use gravity / own body weight excercises to build muscle in you upperbody and core. You can even do leg strenthening excercises to buil a bit muscle in you legs(that will add bmi)

You don't want to get bigger(cycling wise), but if you build muscle/ or just strenthen the ones you have it will work great. Light is good. Some people are just born skinny and light, keep it that way (for cycling) at least.

I have heard, and I don't know how true this is I am no scientist, that Creatine in certain doses can be carcinogenic.

Agree with Astana.  Can't help but wonder why you want to weigh more as a cyclists.

Completely. The last thing you want to do is put on weight. Train harder - that'll build muscle in the right areas - at least the weight will be where its useful.

Creatine is only useful for trackies.

My son is a Juvenile and weighs 58 kg's and goes up a hill like a rocket and I have no idea why you want to weigh more........Shocked

Eet jou Weet-Bix en jou ma se kos

Die beste manie om my seun te kry om NIE te doen wat ek s? nie is om hom te s? om net na sy ma of my te luister.  Bliksem en raas help ook nie.  Vertel hom maar net hoekom en hopelik luister hy dan. (O, en btw, ek het die oulikste seun in die wereldBig%20smile)