Never use gels OR bombs

Yang

lol...try vooma gel, works realy well and lasts quite long.... might have a dif effect with you though..vanilla flavours the bestApprove

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just seen a guy using a bomb on the Brait Grace to Grace MTB race on TV. What does one bomb take your road tyre pressure to?

Eclipse...ja...Vooma Vanilla's not bad either...but i've upgradedWink hiehie

On the bombs topic...i probably have 8 of them lying around in my cycling ammo-box, but i like the "old" way best...i take the pump - i've seen too many people doing something wrong and then the bomb loses its gas/stuff and then they're stuck. But hey...maybe i should give it another try sometime..

On the bombs topic...i probably have 8 of them lying around in my cycling ammo-box' date=' but i like the "old" way best...i take the pump - i've seen too many people doing something wrong and then the bomb loses its gas/stuff and then they're stuck. But hey...maybe i should give it another try sometime..
[/quote']

I also sometimes lose gas when on the bike but it is not the same type of gasEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed

On the bombs topic...i probably have 8 of them lying around in my cycling ammo-box' date=' but i like the "old" way best...i take the pump - i've seen too many people doing something wrong and then the bomb loses its gas/stuff and then they're stuck. But hey...maybe i should give it another try sometime..
[/quote']

I also sometimes lose gas when on the bike but it is not the same type of gasEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed

overshare!!LOL

I'm gonna ask someone at the 94.7 Expo for a bomb demo. Or else- I'm taking my bike in for a service to Cyclelab on Friday (booked in) and ask them for the demo.

The last time I used the pump was at the top of Fox Hill Shova- fun and games- the valve snapped on the spare tube. Lucky I was carrying a second spare- the first time I have done so in a race. Also Hatton'sStar- I haven't forgotten I owe you for the tube you gave me.

just make sure you are wearing gloves or that the bomb canister has a cover on when you use it, otherwise it'll freeze your hand.

I've never been a big gel fan.  They seem to work sometimes, but other times not, so I tend to believe there is a bit of placebo effect in their effectiveness.

Bombs are good, but learn how to use one first.  Like the others have said, don't hold the metal directly.  I just got a new minipump (with a hose - just like the old days), so I'm carrying a pump with me these days.  Gets the tyre up to 80psi which is good enough.

I train with water only and on the long training rides use a gel or two....races will always be done with gel....GU espresso love is nice and does the trick for me. 

They always say that you should never try new stuff for the first time in a race. But if I'm used to FIT energy drinks will it make a difference if?I use a FIT?gel instead?

the way FiT is formulated is that the carbo supreme is optimised with the use of the supa goo so neither one will replace the other they are supposed to be used in conjunction with each other to optimise performance and prevent unwanted "bonking" or dehydrating

and that same thing goes for any use of gels and liquid drink one can not replace the other you do need both

I always have a gel with me when i race but only use it if i feel thatmy energy levels are dipping.

by the stage you have felt a dip in your performance it is too late

one rule i will always remember is that when riding drink before you are thirsty and eat before you are hungry that way you are constantly hydrated and will never have any excess energy drink left over (unless you carry a 5l camelpack)

They always say that you should never try new stuff for the first time in a race. But if I'm used to FIT energy drinks will it make a difference if I use a FIT gel instead?

the way FiT is formulated is that the carbo supreme is optimised with the use of the supa goo so neither one will replace the other they are supposed to be used in conjunction with each other to optimise performance and prevent unwanted "bonking" or dehydrating

and that same thing goes for any use of gels and liquid drink one can not replace the other you do need both

This answer FITs (heeheehee- geddit!) my situation- thanks- will try this. 

well I use cafeine free gels when training, especially to avoid the very early morning bonk when doing the engen ride  - Whasp crazy berry blue.

When racing I use 1 crazy berry blue 5 mins from the start to have enough boost for the initial mad chase down the road. Then its the green whasp Kiwi (doesnt taste like kiwi but is bitter) every 45 mins washed down with a gulp of water from my first bottle. 100mg caffeine gives just the boost needed for a long sustained race. my second bottle has replenish overdrive which I only start using in the last 20km or so of a 100+km race for added electrolyte input.

has worked great so far...