And there was LIGHT! *Beamshots on P5*

droo

Looks good.?If the price is right' date=' I will take one aswell. Please don't use the bottle for a battery.

?
[/quote']

The battery's 40mm x 40mm x 75mm, weighs 240 grams, and lives in a race box behind the head tube (or behind the stem if there's no space)

Big batteries can be done on special orders, but won't use a water bottle unless I really need to.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks good. If the price is right' date=' I will take one aswell. Please don't use the bottle for a battery.

[/quote']

Agreed, I'd like pricing on one with out battery or charger.

I would also be interested, depending on price. Looks really good, nice one! Please pm me when you have an idea of cost.

Right, it seems there are more than a few folk out there who might be keen... I'm busy working on a costing as we speak, and will post prices as soon as I'm done.

I know I said I'd post beamshots today, but the GF took priority last night... I did take it for a walk though, and the spot beam reflects off road signs 250m away... But the beamshots will follow tonight, will try to get something good and meaningful on a trail.

Some answers - helmet mount can be done, it is quite big but the whole setup weighs about 450 grams so you can lug it around on your pip if you like. I'm working on a single emitter housing to use as a helmet mount though, 'cos 700 lumens on your head tends to make big nasty things look remarkably flat (until you hit them and buy some land just in front of your wheel that is)

I'm waiting for bar mounts to arrive from CRC, it's a quick release screw type like the Blackburn mounts. If anyone knows of a local supplier for something similar, please pm me. Have been told by a few local distributors to get knotted cos they don't want the competition............... smiley30.gif

To those worried about losing the thread, I'll give it a bump every now and then if I need to, have a feeling the moderators might move it to the classifieds the way its turning out...

Finally, thanks for all the interest. Watch this space...

smiley20.gif

Looks good.?If the price is right' date=' I will take one aswell. Please don't use the bottle for a battery.

?
[/quote']Agreed, I'd like pricing on one with out battery or charger.

Will do, just let me know what kind of plug you want on it. I can also supply a head, mount and waterproof plug kit but then you'll need to do a bit of soldering.

Also, I forgot to mention... the unit is waterproof. Not as in splash proof, as in can be dropped in a puddle with no ill effects.

Good stuff droo, looks like we may be keeping you busy for a while. Where in the western cape are you?

I'm in Vredehoek. Thinking of getting a few made up and organising a demo ride, anyone keen?

I'm in Vredehoek. Thinking of getting a few made up and organising a demo ride' date=' anyone keen?[/quote']

Choose me, me, me

I can demo units at Rietvlei and Delta park (the two Gauteng night racing venues) if you interested. PM me and we can discuss.

I'd also suggest sorting out pricing soon as there is a big 24 hour race coming up early December up here. Lots of people going to be needing lights.

Yeah, I'm keen. I live in Somerset West but presently work in CT, so I can bring my bike to work one day. Alternatively, if you are keen for a change of scenery we can ride in the winelands...

We ( Lilo and I ) can do a demo for you at the 24hour race in Jan next year??! - Wiesenhof / WC