Elite Riders on the Hub

gasant112

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, saw now that the topic heading is 'Elite Riders' and not 'Pro Riders'.

I think the elite guys are a great bunch! (the WC elites that i've met anyway...) Clap

I've gotten to know/talked to/greeted a lot of them and i can't think of any that behaved rudely or just ignored me or whatever. Thumbs%20Up

Heheh...they're actually very sweet and entartaining on training rides.LOL

If your main source of income comes from being paid to race bicycles then I guess you're a pro.

So I guess some of them aren't pro.

Ermm since this has become a debate about whether SA pro cyclists are nice or not and why' date=' may I please for the sake of this thread...

According to the UCT Sport Science Institute:

An Elite (male) Cyclist is someone who has the following attributes

* Normal body fat% range for elite male athletes (pre-competition):  8 ? 12%

* Peak power output for elite cyclists ranges from 400 ? 550 W<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

* Power to weight ratio for elite cyclists ranges from 5.5 ? 7 W/kg

* VO2max   for elite cyclists ~ 68 ? 85 ml/kg/min

Just a thought...

[/quote']

I'm definitely not then.......not even an lite Tongue

well..except for first and last figures..there I'm a lite but definitely not and Elite

Guest colonel

Hey ****I crack the nod then and Im glad I never went to SV for Summer.

Originally posted by MWdeJager

Ermm since this has become a debate about whether SA pro cyclists are nice or not and why, may I please for the sake of this thread...

According to the UCT Sport Science Institute:

An Elite (male) Cyclist is someone who has the following attributes

* Normal body fat% range for elite male athletes (pre-competition):  8 ? 12%

* Peak power output for elite cyclists ranges from 400 ? 550 W<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><?:NAMESPACE PREFIX = O />

* Power to weight ratio for elite cyclists ranges from 5.5 ? 7 W/kg

* VO2max   for elite cyclists ~ 68 ? 85 ml/kg/min

Just a thought...

Just to conform to that criteria is enough to make anyone grumpy!!!

I believe Micheal Schumaker is very unapproachable after he has just had his butt kicked by Alonso and the press like to make a big deal out of it - just like some hubbers?

I think the elite guys are a great bunch! (the WC elites that i've met anyway...) Clap

I've gotten to know/talked to/greeted a lot of them and i can't think of any that behaved rudely or just ignored me or whatever. Thumbs%20Up

Nellie, who could ever ignore you??? Embarrassed

Anyway, it's good to know that the WC elites have at least one fan.

By the way, when the CSC guys were doing their publicity breakfast thing last month only about a third of the squad was there. I wondered if the other guys were told to stay home at the hotel because they couldn't hold a polite conversation with us mere mortals...

Well I'm sure not.  But I wouldn't be surprised if the 'real' pros get some sort of training to help them think up at least semi-intelligent things to say to the press and the general public without embarrassing themselves or their sponsors. Maybe some of the local guys don't realise that it is actually worthwhile putting in a little effort to build up a decent public image.

Maybe some of the local guys don't realise that it is actually worthwhile putting in a little effort to build up a decent public image.

I agree 100 % with you on this one, Willpower.  If the guys like it or not, there are people out there that "look up" to them.  I find my inspiration and motivation from my "elite" friends. 

Nellie' date=' who could ever ignore you??? Embarrassed

Anyway, it's good to know that the WC elites have at least one fan.

[/quote']

Of course i'm a fan! Embarrassed

hmmm...but i guess it is a bit hard to ignore me when Fatty introduces me to you...you might just get hit over the head if Fatty sees you being rudeLOLLOL (aww...you've got to love the big guyEmbarrassed)

Maybe some of the local guys don't realise that it is actually worthwhile putting in a little effort to build up a decent public image.

True. We've been talking about this the last few days...some people don't realise that behaving like an ass can actually pose a problem if they have to find a sponsor.Ouch

Guest colonel
[

True. We've been talking about this the last few days...some people don't realise that behaving like an ass can actually pose a problem if they have to find a sponsor.Ouch

Darren Lill

Wasn't refering to Darren coz i actually haven't seen a lot of him, or met him - so can't say anything about the guy.