Elite Riders on the Hub

gasant112

I am probably going to get in the k@k for this but i think the pros in our country isn't very nice, the only aproachable guys are Fullard and Nolan Hofman and ex pro Jac Louis van Wyk, other than that they all think the sun shines out their .....  One of my friends rode with the CSC team recently and aparantly theyre the nicest guys ever!! I have also heard from a very reliable source that in the barloworld team the italian guys are great but the sa oaks think the world owes them something!!

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry grapkas - dont agree

You can't just say sorry you don't agree? You have to throw in an opposing view that sets this thread on fire!!!

You can't just say sorry you don't agree? You have to throw in an opposing view that sets this thread on fire!!!

na - don't feel like a p!ss!ng contest right now. 

i am confident enough to disagree without having to substantiate my statement.

Are you licensing to ride with the elites DS?

i wish!!

i found that golf (or any ball sport for that matter) is a far easier & humane way to embarrass myself in front of others!

(GP - how did the legs feel on saturday after the holiday?)

Seuss I disagree with your disagreement. I feel strongly about it too ! smiley36.gif

Have you gotten an Argus entry yet ?

You can't call yourself a cyclist until you've done the Argus.

And don't disagree ! ...... unless you list at least 10 reasons. smiley1.gif

And we lose another one to the evil that is golf. You do know it's just a pastime and not really a sport?

Have you gotten an Argus entry yet ?
You can't call yourself a cyclist until you've done the Argus. 

[/quote']

nope - no argus entry yet - might have to wait until next year - not really a big issue with me.

And we lose another one to the evil that is golf. You do know it's just a pastime and not really a sport?

[/quote']

dont worry - i dont play golf - have tried it once or twice an realized that it is truly not for me. 

does however annoy me how the guys in the office can take wednesday afternoons off to go and play golf,  but i cant take the afternoon off to go riding or fishing!!!!!

You know whats great about golf... you can moer something really hard and watch it fly 100-300 meters. Its instant satisfaction...

S, try and greet one of the younger pro's and see what the reaction is!! The funriders are MUCH friendlier!! The older pros are better, guys like Fullard and Jac Louis!! I also find MTB pro's a LOT friendlier!!

You know whats great about golf... you can moer something really hard and watch it fly 100-300 meters. Its instant satisfaction...

Yeah last time I did that I watched it fly 300m into the side of a horse, I've got quite a mean slice!

Naah' date=' what grates me no end is smoke breaks![/quote']

o ja - had those up until beginning of Nov last year - can't say that i miss it - the only problem now is that i really battle to stay awake at the desk!