Challenging but safe route wanted in Pta

Bored with my usual training rides in and around W/kloof, Elarduspark, P v Ryneveld.

Any suggestions on a decent alternative?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Take the Hans Strijdom Challenge.  Go down till you get to Delphi road, turn around and head uphill.  My best on my MTB was 11 min till the top.  Road was something like 9 min.  But that was when I was fit. 

I have a other training route, but to remember all the street names is a mission.

Will jot down the names on my next training ride...

Confused Safe road route ? There is no such thing .

Nope...  But MTB isn't safe in that area as well these days...

Take the Hans Strijdom Challenge.  Go down till you get to Delphi road' date=' turn around and head uphill.  My best on my MTB was 11 min till the top.  Road was something like 9 min.  But that was when I was fit. 

I have a other training route, but to remember all the street names is a mission.

Will jot down the names on my next training ride...
[/quote']

Thanks Cois, much appreciated

Wolverine, are you looking for Alt gain (hills) or all over training?  Fast Downhills dodging cars trucks and busses or no / low traffic?

Out on Lynnwood, Left.  Cullinan left.  Boshkop Left.  T junction into Lynnwood again.

Out on Lynnwood, Left.  Bronkhortstspruit left. Cullinan Left.  Boshkop Right.  T junction into Lynnwood.

Out on Atterbury.  Left to Bronkhorstspruit.  Left in Lynnwood

Out on Garsfontein.  Right into the plotte. (Don't know the streatnames!!??)  T on Atterbury.  Left.  T in Bronkhorstspruit road.  Left.  Lynnwood back.

Hope this makes sence.  Go play with the roadmap

Ouch.  know those roads Spinnekop.  No serious hills, but that route will let any novice kneel down and pray to his / her maker...

How about.....

Out with old Brits road heading West.  Over Horns nek.  On the N4 toll road.  Out to Saartjies.  Over Silkaats.  Back over Kommando.  Head out to Hekpoort and back on the old N4.  Should give you some decent climbing? Big%20smile

Confused Safe road route ? There is no such thing .

You can ride any route to make is challenging and to make it safe in Pretoria you just have to wear a bulletproof vest......you will be fine!Wink

Out on Lynnwood' date=' Left.  Cullinan left.  Boshkop Left.  T junction into Lynnwood again.

Out on Lynnwood, Left.  Bronkhortstspruit left. Cullinan Left.  Boshkop Right.  T junction into Lynnwood.

Out on Atterbury.  Left to Bronkhorstspruit.  Left in Lynnwood

Out on Garsfontein.  Right into the plotte. (Don't know the streatnames!!??)  T on Atterbury.  Left.  T in Bronkhorstspruit road.  Left.  Lynnwood back.

Hope this makes sence.  Go play with the roadmap

[/quote']

It does thanks

We are not very big on shootings here in P-Town . More into the stocking with warm mealie pap that you swing around .