Hit & run in Simonstown, Witnesses needed

protester

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest colonel

Atleast he was man enough to hand himself in I will give him credit for that.

Man enough????  he,s sober now.maanic

Indeed. What about a tub of vaseline to make the transition to prison life more bearable?

RIP Chris, a really sad day for cycling, for his family and the state of our mentality in this country when it comes to attitudes to others. Cry

RIP Chris. It's sad that another fellow cyclist's life comes to a premature end in such a thoughless way. Condolances to the family.

Skye - sorry only read your post now on appearing in court today.

Cyclist should we not all / as many as possible try and be at the court for the 2nd court appearance? We all have been affected by this and the punishment need to be more than just a slap on the wrist!

Peter<

the first thing that needs to happen is that the guys whom this driver tried to run off the road just outside FIsh Hoek need to make sure that theiur statements are entered as evidence and that they are on the witness list.

the next thin we all need to do is report every incident of negligent driving. take down the vehicles reg and report the matter to the police.

many cyclists are killed very year on SA's roads but most of these are people from the townships and small country towns where they death is unnoticed. You sit on PPA Exco. What is PPA going to do about this?

For years you people sit around having a tjommie tjommie tea party and do f*ckall. Every idea is shot down  and make to sound unworkable but everybody jumps at an opportunity for good PR.

Do something of substance.

Set up a system where cyclist have access to legal support to sue these drivers who get off with just a slap on the wrist. thsi was proposed a few years back but as always deemed unworkable without any investigation.

Peter<

the first thing that needs to happen is that the guys whom this driver tried to run off the road just outside FIsh Hoek need to make sure that theiur statements are entered as evidence and that they are on the witness list.

the next thin we all need to do is report every incident of negligent driving. take down the vehicles reg and report the matter to the police.

many cyclists are killed very year on SA's roads but most of these are people from the townships and small country towns where they death is unnoticed. You sit on PPA Exco. What is PPA going to do about this?

For years you people sit around having a tjommie tjommie tea party and do f*ckall. Every idea is shot down  and make to sound unworkable but everybody jumps at an opportunity for good PR.

Do something of substance.

Set up a system where cyclist have access to legal support to sue these drivers who get off with just a slap on the wrist. thsi was proposed a few years back but as always deemed unworkable without any investigation.
I hear you and I am sure we all do. Dirty Twin and I have reported on two occasions and nothing. we followed up and the prosecutor must have thought the cases were way to insignificant to waste anyones time. the difference is that we are here talking about it and Chris isnt. So what do we do next...................Confused

Golefty!! I wrote this as a fellow cyclist who past the accident scene at about 7:00am Sat morning not as a PPA eco member.

I more or less feel the same way about committee as anyone else does! The phrase turning a large ship comes to mind - nothing happens quickly.

I have done many protest ride etc but they don't seem to really work. Maybe by cyclist been on mass at the court more notice will be taken and a punishment to fit the crime will be sentenced on this driver which will hopefully set a precedent for future cases involving bicycle riders anywhere in the country.

Golefty!! I wrote this as a fellow cyclist who past the accident scene at about 7:00am Sat morning not as a PPA eco member.

I more or less feel the same way about committee as anyone else does! The phrase turning a large ship comes to mind - nothing happens quickly.

I have done many protest ride etc but they don't seem to really work. Maybe by cyclist been on mass at the court more notice will be taken and a punishment to fit the crime will be sentenced on this driver which will hopefully set a precedent for future cases involving bicycle riders anywhere in the country.

the ship needs to be F*cking sunk if it continues to take money but deliver nothing!

this is always the excuse. it takes a long time to change things. BUll Fukcing hsit.

It takes one meeting to change that EXCO.

On the presence at court,; it is a great idea to protest outside the court house. But this needs to be done legally. Apparently there is a protest process that needs to be followed. Anyone know the process or the department in where the application needs to be lodged?

Alternatively we can all just turn up with banners and placards and start toi toing. We may be forced to disperse and rubber bullets may be used. Its been a while since I was shot at by a policeman using rubber bullets but it's great fun. MY personal favourite is the water cannon.