Hit & run in Simonstown, Witnesses needed

protester

GL, 30 Jan 09 is still a while away, we must keep this alive till then. Now  poor Chris is dead and this little sh!t gets to spend xmas at home.Angry

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the cycling community can always institute a civil case the driver' date=' one Morne Jones of Simons Town.

As a community we have a lot of clout and unlimited funds.

Its harde to change the law than it is too sue him in civil court.

This will br ing more attention to the plight of cyclists and if we win, set a precedent.

This is where our CSA, or PPA organisations could actually rise to the occasion and do SOMETHING.
[/quote']

We have an opportunity here to raise awareness of cycling and our plea to not be killed and mamed on the roads.  A very public civil case may get us noticed and get exposure in the papers.  Can we follow this up with perhaps a road safety campaign in the lead up to the Argus?  Is anyone from PPA LISTENING???

Maybe some backing and spreading of this information in the various cycling/sports magazines would get the required numbers going aswell.

Bicycling/Ride Mag ??????

We all should have one of those cycle awareness stickers on our cars. If we in Slaapstadt can attract 30 000 plus cyclist for the Argus, maybe they can put these stickers in our goody bags or for every PPA renewal and related clubs/ cycle bodies country wide can do the same.

court date is 30 January 2009 for charges to be read and plea.

The drivers name is Morne Jones' date=' age 34.
[/quote']

Good, I will most propably be in Cape Town that day.  Keep us valies up to date.  Will join in that protest.

the cycling community can always institute a civil case the driver' date=' one Morne Jones of Simons Town.

As a community we have a lot of clout and unlimited funds.

Its harde to change the law than it is too sue him in civil court.

This will br ing more attention to the plight of cyclists and if we win, set a precedent.

This is where our CSA, or PPA organisations could actually rise to the occasion and do SOMETHING.
[/quote']

Can't agree with you more there.  The moment people realise that there will be consequences for their actions then we will be winning the fight.  Currently there is no punishment and therefor nobody will take responsibility for their actions.

More on the hit and run.

They have also named the driver in the article.

http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?art_id=vn20081118122710905C686321&set_id=1&click_id=13&sf=

Morne Jones, 34 of Simons Town...

Phone book....

hmm not listed, probably still lives with his parents...

Diarise folks, January 30th, simons town court house. en masse.

The scumf**k will no doubt plead not guilty

Diarise folks' date=' January 30th, simons town court house. en masse.

[/quote']

Suits me even better.  I will be staying in the area when I am down there.  See u guys.

Jan 30th is the Last Friday of the Month... TitusTi, how about an EPIC critical mass to Simon's Town? Looks like there will be heaps of support, and these hit & run artists need to get the message that their behaviour won't be taken lying down by the cycling community.

Less talk, more action, I agree.

If Pedalpower will hire a hotshot lawyer to have this guy pursued with the full weight of the law, I will contribute now.

They can call me for a R5000 contribution today. This is a real offer. ( my superlight climbing wheels can wait).

They put him in jail for 20 years, They can have another R5000 bonus.

You have my contact details pedalpower. ( Check your database under id PS0826023).  Its time we acted as a community.

Im sure others feel similarly.
Irishj92008-11-19 06:45:07

Jan 30th is the Last Friday of the Month... TitusTi' date=' how about an EPIC critical mass to Simon's Town? Looks like there will be heaps of support, and these hit & run artists need to get the message that their behaviour won't be taken lying down by the cycling community.[/quote']

An excellent idea. My friends and I will support this and be there if needed.

More on the hit and run.

They have also named the driver in the article.

http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?art_id=vn20081118122710905C686321&set_id=1&click_id=13&sf=

Morne Jones' date=' 34 of Simons Town...

Phone book....

hmm not listed, probably still lives with his parents...

Diarise folks, January 30th, simons town court house. en masse.

The scumf**k will no doubt plead not guilty

[/quote']

Could this be the guy?