You know what absolutely SICKENS me?

Capri Wheeler

What sickens you? that he has a nice bike and he can't climb. You know if I had R80 000 to buy that limited edition cervelo TT bike , and i cant climb fast, why should it piss u off because I dont deserve to ride a nice bike. I agree maybe it is cheaper to loose weight than spend R10000.00 for every gram that makes the bike lighter.

When i was younger it was always the old people who drove the big luxury cars and sports cars. Now its the 30 somethings that can afford these things. Some who can afford nice things or nice bikes make him/her feel a million dollars while he is climbing up that hill however slowly.

You know what I like about my expensive bike is that you dont hear a sound out of the mechanics, its quite its smooth, and yea i feel sorry for that poor dude who is climbing the same hill as me at the same speed and his bike squeeks all the way to the top. Just think of them as lucky, or maybe unlucky because he is paying the bike off over the next 2 years.

Since we are a nation of over spending or spending what we dont have.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good , good nite and go to bed and feel good when you climb that hill tomorrow at 25km /h, how much stronger you will be on that heavier bike. And when you get that nice light  bike you will fly and appreciate it. hot stuff2008-11-16 13:28:09

I think it's great!!!  People are supporting the bike industry, which is good for all of us.  And I must say that I do get a bit of a rush when I whizz past them on my 6-speed steel framed Viking 105 (1989 model) with frame mounted shifters and that weighs 12kg!!! 

What's with all the questions?  F.

Promised myself that if I do a sub 3 this year for the 94.7 that I would invest in a proper bike.  I'm going shopping tomorrow ...

In 2006 Argus, I did 3:15 on an old steel Le Jeune, stock standard with no upgrades. And I kinda felt the same seeing guys with all the fancy names not even making a Sub4, but I never got sick about it just had a good laugh.LOLLOL 

well I did same time in J so clearly my trek 1500 and yr cervelo R3 came down to the legs.....

thought Ide let you all know times are up

Nah...not much in that respect can sicken me:) When something nice passes me (like an Orbea, nice Campy groupset or some gorgeous >>read Bora<< wheels) i just go "ooh...that's hot...i want!!" and then continue on my merry way happy that i'm on my bike and out on the road...

Yeah, you know what really sickens me?

Sticking my fingers down the back of my throat - that really sickens me...

or, or .... reading a book whilst travelling in a car on a winding road, that makes me really sick.

Nah...not much in that respect can sicken me:) When something nice passes me (like an Orbea' date=' nice Campy groupset or some gorgeous >>read Bora<< wheels) i just go "ooh...that's hot...i want!!" and then continue on my merry way happy that i'm on my bike and out on the road...[/quote']

You go girl.

What pisses me off and thats what should sicken u CP is youngsters who come from too much money and dont respect the beautiful equipment they get. Rare but has happened. And I did not do the 94.7, spent all my money on a R3, cant afford an airline ticket. that bike makes me want to go out ride and enjoy my self.

what ur writing tomorrow Nellie?