You know what absolutely SICKENS me?

Capri Wheeler

I agree with capri wheeler' date=' i dont mind if the oke has a 50k bike and he can ride ok but sometimes you'll check like a fat oke on a cervelo R3 pimped with Zipp 303's climbing up a 10% gradient hill at like 11km! Or riding along doing an avg speed of 22km! Im sorry, if you got a bike thats worth that much you gotta ride well!...

...If not, buy a motorbike(offroad)[/quote']

Speedi can you even go that slow up a 10% hill???

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really enjoyed the course especially the new section' date=' although having said that it must have been pretty hazardous for the later bunches. Spoke to a lot of people who started lower and they said the problem was is tha the section is very fast and the novice riders were all over the place and with all the twists, turns, man holes, cobble stones and so on made it very dangerous.

?

I had a fantastic ride and really enjoyed the whole weekend. The MTB race was well organized (seeding is a problem) but other than that one glitch a huge well done to the sponsors, the marshalls (except for the?one c#$t) and everyone else who?tried to ride an expensive bike as well as an el cheapo.?
[/quote']I know that marshall!!!!? Rides a Honda Twister, nice guy with a few real sh&^ty friends.? Not that bad!

i met that guy yesterday aswell really good guy!!!!! smiley4.gif smiley20.gif

climbing up a 10% gradient hill at like 11km/h!

Here I was thinking that was quite fast for a 10% hillConfused. I think I'd better re-adjust my perceptions. Oh dearShocked

I agree with capri wheeler' date=' i dont mind if the oke has a 50k bike and he can ride ok but sometimes you'll check like a fat oke on a cervelo R3 pimped with Zipp 303's climbing up a 10% gradient hill at like 11km! Or riding along doing an avg speed of 22km! Im sorry, if you got a bike thats worth that much you gotta ride well!...

Ponce!!Ouch

Hey TF he is only 13 year old kid so just ignore him. One day maybe he will grow upWink

When I was shopping around for my road and mtb bikes I saw these expensive beauts that I could probably afford and than have no money left in the bank, but I asked myself: Boet would you really do that machine justice? Would you ride it to its full capability? And the answer was no. I don't have the fitness or riding knowledge to get the full potential out of a R50 000 Bianchi, so I bought an R7000 road bike and R8500 mtb. And you know what? I love them both!!! So I envy guys with lekker bikes, but I know at least that I am getting the best out of mine.

Interesting topic:

Some summaries:

THe rich Joburg hubbers (ie the guys with expensive bikes) say:  "Jealously makes you nasty"

THE fit hubbers say:  "Clothing does not maketh the man" (all bling no bang)

The poor hubbers (middle class) say: "A fool and his money are easily parted"

THe east randers say:"one mans rubbish is another mans gold"  (ie boy are we going to enjoy buying this guys stuff (at discount) from him on the hub when he quits after his first race)

The Pretoria hubbers:"cut your coat to fit your cloth" and "each to his own". meaning buy what you can afford and celebrate others successes.

Interesting topic:

Some summaries:

THe rich Joburg hubbers (ie the guys with expensive bikes) say:  "Jealously makes you nasty"

THe east randers say:"one mans rubbish is another mans gold"  (ie boy are we going to enjoy buying this guys stuff (at discount) from him on the hub when he quits after his first race)

The Pretoria hubbers:"cut your coat to fit your cloth" and "each to his own". meaning buy what you can afford and celebrate others successes.

and the capetonians will get around to replying in a coupla weeks?

Interesting topic:

Some summaries:

You mean the hub works in SlaapstadConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfused

Interesting topic:

Some summaries:

You mean the hub works in SlaapstadConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfused

Nothing "Works" in Slaapstad.  Things just "happen"

Nah...not much in that respect can sicken me:) When something nice passes me (like an Orbea' date=' nice Campy groupset or some gorgeous >>read Bora<< wheels) i just go "ooh...that's hot...i want!!" and then continue on my merry way happy that i'm on my bike and out on the road...[/quote']

You got style ClapClap I just hope you are wearing the Hub Cycling Shirt when you pass LOLLOL I will take some pics of that Golden Orca for you saturday and post them for you WinkWink I am sure he wont mind LOL

What you mean EWEP?

STM' date=' I think the whole thread started as a joke (I might be wrong, I'm just a DUMB dutchman)[/quote']

Dumb Dutchman Shocked You mean there's truth to what Puke Watson was saying ?

mhbotha2008-11-18 02:32:47

I think, till you stop wetting your bed and start paying for your own bikes, rather shut up...

Interesting topic:

Some summaries:

LOLLOLLOLLOL

How about the 'States???Wink

Nah...not much in that respect can sicken me:) When something nice passes me (like an Orbea' date=' nice Campy groupset or some gorgeous >>read Bora<< wheels) i just go "ooh...that's hot...i want!!" and then continue on my merry way happy that i'm on my bike and out on the road...[/quote']

You got style ClapClap I just hope you are wearing the Hub Cycling Shirt when you pass LOLLOL I will take some pics of that Golden Orca for you saturday and post them for you WinkWink I am sure he wont mind LOL

Natuurlik!!!Wink Baie lief vir my Hub top!Big%20smileEmbarrassed

Ooh ja....dan kan ek dit op my wall paper sit!Tongue En moenie warry nie...ek en Orca verstaan mekaar...Wink

Interesting topic:

Some summaries:

LOLLOLLOLLOL

How about the 'States???Wink

he's still too concerned about his shy (insert n-word here)sLOL

Interesting topic:

Some summaries:

And in PE the wind is always blowing sh!te in my eyes so I cant see what or who is passing me.Embarrassed