I'll tell you what SICKENS me!

Plentipotential

Habit ? right pocket for gels and food; left pocket for rubbish; center pocket for zip-lock with money, cell, keys. Nuff said. <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

PeterM2008-11-18 11:59:39

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

do more mtb races, you'll see the packets littering the track too. even in 'training places like the 'northern farm'.

usually i put the empty/used sachet under my cycling shorts on my thigh, looks bizarre after you have 3 or 4 sachets all bunched together.

The practice of people throwing gel packets onto the trail/road also makes my blood boil. I've had to crap 2 guys out in the last couple of weeks because of that and these guys should know better riding at the top end of the respective fields. 

you people act as if you're living in a 1st world country. wake up / flame me' date=' but have you been outside your bubble lately?

sure, don't litter, feel better about yourself. BUT go have a look at how some dump sites are being run 'cos that's where your rubbish ends up ultimately.

i say chuck your empty "sachet" in the great big giant "ocean"

edit: rather recycle your stuff or be less wasteful in the 1st place. THEN you're contributing.
[/quote']

It's a good thing most of us don't share your sentiment. 

Don't start a recycling war. Just put the damn sachet in your pocket and throw it away at home.

do more mtb races' date=' you'll see the packets littering the track too. even in 'training places like the 'northern farm'.

usually i put the empty/used sachet under my cycling shorts on my thigh, looks bizarre after you have 3 or 4 sachets all bunched together.

[/quote']

what type of rider needs to "train" on energy gels.  Hell, what is wrong with water and a junglebar?

sachets all over the road is just wrong. yes I do end up with a sticky shirt by the end of my race but being so blatantly lazy to chuck your packet in the road is why this planet is such a f-ing mess, most people just dont give a damn anymore.

Tried to bite my tongue' date=' started to bleed, can't take the pain anymore.

I'll tell you what sickens me. The amount of gel packets roadies throw away on the road as they finish eating the contents. And I say roadies because when I ride on MTB race routes I never see litter.Angry Why not just return the empty packet to the pocket it came from?
[/quote']

I was so impressed at the 94.7 MTB race:

I noticed two guy's riding together, one of them dropped an empty gu wrapper on the trail, the other stopped and called his team mate back and made him pick it up.

Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap

Bottom line: Dont litter - when that gel hardens it becomes difficult to clean up. Angry

Pick a pocket for junk. Dispose at home / a water point / the finish. Smile

Lots of empty sachets on Moray Road. Felt embarrased to be a cyclist this morning whilst commutingEmbarrassed

Tried to bite my tongue' date=' started to bleed, can't take the pain anymore.

I'll tell you what sickens me. The amount of gel packets roadies throw away on the road as they finish eating the contents. And I say roadies because when I ride on MTB race routes I never see litter.Angry Why not just return the empty packet to the pocket it came from?
[/quote']

Well, it did not look much better on Saturday at the 94.7 mtb watering points. Empty water sachets everywhere. Angry Hell, there were so many participants one could not even work up a sweat. So who needed the water? Think I drank about 200ml from my bottle during the whole "race".
BigGuy2008-11-19 03:31:10

it is unacceptable. but wether you keep the sticky thing in your pocket or chuck it doesn't make a difference.

im going to murder someone later today..because everyone else is doing it, so its okay..care to join me in that case? Then I'm going to jump in a fire..care to join me? you can go first.

f@cking 1st class tjop

Sticky pocket is a lame excuse' date=' that's what homo is for.

[/quote']

What? You're telling me TNT will wash my shirts?!

We all expect safe races but then behave like idiots when it comes to taking responsibility for our own rubbish! Ermm

It's not that difficult to put the empty packet back into one of the pockets on your shirt and just throw it away at the next water point  ... or if you're a racing snake, it probably won't even have started leaking all over your shirt by the time you reach the finish line!