Shocking behaviour from Durbell at DC

FanieFiets

Sheesh' date=' always so much moaning, bitching and "Did you see this?! Did you see that?!" after these big road races...

[/quote']

Only in the cape. The wont survive without a good moan after every race...

And the rest of the country won't survive without moaning about those lucky enough to live in the Cape.  Jealousy makes you nasty.  Wink

i moan about the amount of fruit in muesli.

nekkid chics damnit...

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't be...

There is very little integrity left in Cycling.

Takemy team. By wednesday we decided that we would be riidng for a finish team and would finish together.

SO On Saturday I waited for one of our team mates who need to be paced back to the team. The sods didn;t bother easing up to let us catch back up. This was after Tradouws Pass. By Op de Tradouw my teamie was finish and by Montague he was well cooked. So there I was ' date=' pacing myself to the 150km where I bailed. Knee pain and Sabie  X in a under a months time. I decided that riding for the scum ****s was not worth it.

There are many issues with teams at the DC.

1) Why do the support vehicles not follow the rules? Well this is the one race where every d**s on a bicycle thinks he's in the Tour de France so why not have the same logistics... Read the rules!!

2) Why doesone team fill the entire left lane, forcing a faster team to ride over the white line? There was not full road closure?? I noticed a few teams taking pride in this behaviour. Really crap mentality.

3) Why, at feed zones do siad teams have to stand all overthe road preventing other teams from passing htrough quickly and safely.

4) WTF is with the littering??!!! Gu Sachets, water bottles etc all getting tossed into the bush where they think no one will see?

In all honetsy I don't think PPA has the resources to manage this event effectively. rolling marshalls (on motorbikes) are needed to monitor riders for the entire 205km. Either the sponsors need to cough up a bit more or this event is doomed. A real pity that would be since it is very well organised and an event PPA can be proud of.

Pity that we cyclist can't govern ourselves
[/quote']

Maybe GoLefty its because we are all a bunch of D**s's !! NICE COMMENTAngry

Sheesh' date=' always so much moaning, bitching and "Did you see this?! Did you see that?!" after these big road races...

[/quote']

Only in the cape. The wont survive without a good moan after every race...

And the rest of the country won't survive without moaning about those lucky enough to live in the Cape.  Jealousy makes you nasty.  Wink

i moan about the amount of fruit in muesli.

nekkid chics damnit...

ok, a compromise: a nekkid chick called heidi, who will make muesli for me?

20081126_015313_Doos.jpeg

Positive thought for the day 

When you feel that nobody loves you,

Nobody cares for you,
Everyone is ignoring you,
 You should really ask yourself.
 <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Am I a ****?

sit down' date=' breathe slowly, massage your temples and try to relax. I think I am safe when claiming that the DC won't be terminated or ruined because this one team having 2 back up vehicles.
There's much more stuff to worry about there. But watch your blood pressure.Wink
[/quote']

Thanks, no issues with my blood pressuresmiley2.gif

But I'm not sure I understand your logic. Condoning flagrant breach of the rules surely nulifies their existance. How about if every one of GoLefty's ****** (sp?) now thinks it's fine to have two support vehicles for next year's event? The general driving/behaviour of the support vehicles is bad, imagine twice the number of vehicles.. 

(I include my team's vehicle who's driving I had to apologise for to another support crew..)

Stringbean - should have been in our team.. We have 2 backup vans..lol...

Interesting' date=' what team were you riding for?

If you read the rules around support vehicles you would know that each team was only allow one vehicle..smiley7.gif

Nice going, good way to ruin the event for everyone else.

SUPPORT / SECONDARY VEHICLES:

? Teams are allowed to have ONE support vehicle. The registration number of this vehicle must be given to the organisers by the team captain when collecting the event packs at registration. Teams will be disqualified should they have more than one, or any unofficial support vehicles.
[/quote']

Chill out dude, it was a tongue in cheek comment in light of the fact that our backup went AWOL for 165km.

Luckily for us the Total garage in Ashton had semi-palatable water to see us through to Bonnievale Cry

From PPA Website: 'The Double Century, now in its? 16th year, was this year organized for the first time by the Cycle Tour Trust.

"We are very pleased that another safe event took place," said Steve Hayward, chairman of the Pedal Power Association, owners of the event. "However, we were saddened that the event was spoilt by the irresponsible behaviour of some teams who contravened rules by crossing the white line and bunching up with other teams, and by some seconding vehicles who followed teams thereby obstructing traffic, and assisted them outside the official feed zones.?

Yeah..... Phew can I badmouth Durbell , anyways its a long story but they still sell products in their store , pirated goods from China lol.... I could so sue them!

Guest colonel

I think they still out there between Bonnievale and the finish.