RIP Graham Cooper

Chunky

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Goofs, Yes that was the acident I was talking about.

Both accidents now involve a cyclist being hit while well within the yellow line.

Chatting to the guys after the ride, one of them know the tow truck guys very well. Apparantly the legal limit is something like 0.06 whatever per ml. This Idiot was at 0.8. Now, I  bet my life on it that by tomorrow morning this prick has got his hands on the docket and will be out and free to kill again next week.

Perhaps we should put the driver on a bike which I will gladly donate, and we all take turns in seeing how many times we can miss him at 200kmh while drunk.

Chunky was that along Swartkoppies going from west to east?. At about 10am we passed a metro car with some cops measuring where earlier some one on a MTB' date=' looked like  Raleigh RM7, was hit. We 1st saw a set of MTB wheels and quite a distance later the crumpled frame.  From the marks and drawings it appears the cyclist was well inside the broad yellow line when hit. The road where this occured was also straight and clear, no sharp or hidden turns and is a double lane. Talk amongst our group was, is cycling worth it??.

[/quote']

Isn't is so sad that we must ask these questions? It certainly works on my mind! 

After that guy was kiled in Durban last year the guys down there organised a protest/memorial ride.

I think they got alot of attention and raised awareness, maybe it's about time we did something similar, what about next Saturday?

If not then seeing as the Hyper to Hyper goes almost down the same routes what about wearing black armbands but we have to get the press there and get coverage.

This is getting ridiculous !!!

Agreed 100%. I think we must do something specific to draw attention to these tragedies and keep it outside of the H2H. My reason being that the message might be lost if held in conjunction with the race. Either way I'm in. The time for talk has long passed so let's organise it......! 

here in Gauteng een of ander smiley35.gif will drive into the cyclist while tehy are doing the protest. You know mos the drivers of Gauteng cant stand cyclists on the PUBLIC roads...

.....but we can't as cyclists continue to accept the situation without at least making a stand....??

Cois, we are not going to sit back and accept it any longer. Angry

I was just thinking about it now I think we must do it soon but next weekend is too soon, we need more time to organise so I think 2 weeks from now might be a better idea.

Yes let us have a memorial ride for these guys on Saturday black armbands for everyone and I would suggest the arm bands for The Fast One to as this might create more awareness in the TV coverage on Super Cycling, hopefully the reason for all the riders wearing arm bands will get a lengthy mention.....my condolences to all family and friends. This is shocking !!!!

Ok do we do it this week Saturday and also armbands for Sunday or wait till the week after?

Best time will be a Saterday morning in which we can disrupt traffic... That is my thought. and I agree. It's time to take a stand and take action. IanJ for President!

This week Saturday sounds perfect......I think we should create a seperate topic for this on the Hub so as to spread the word and to arrange a time and place. How do we get media involvement?

I am available to help with the organizing of everything should it be required. Alberton record would be a good start to get the press involved and I seriously think this should also be sent to Pick n Pay for The Fast one and just maybe they will also give some airtime to awareness.