Campy vs Shimano

DaveVTC

It was not setup wrong.. There is a pin that holds the cage together. That popped out. The front part of the cage was what struck the stay. the back part of the cage was still attatched to the RD.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was not setup wrong.. There is a pin that holds the cage together. That popped out. The front part of the cage was what struck the stay. the back part of the cage was still attatched to the RD.

Well, if it was genuine equipment failure, I for one would be getting some Italian Euro's in compensation...

Well' date=' if it was genuine equipment failure, I for one would be getting some Italian Euro's in compensation...
[/quote']

does their warranty cover that? I mean, what if the equipment fails as i leave the shop and end up under a car. can i get hospital expenses from them?

nope saw it myself at the lbs.. The pin in the RD popped out and the cage swung round and hit the rear stay.. a nasty sight.. Was a nice SL2 (world champ colours)

I see a Commondale recall coming...

Well' date=' if it was genuine equipment failure, I for one would be getting some Italian Euro's in compensation...

[/quote']

does their warranty cover that? I mean, what if the equipment fails as i leave the shop and end up under a car. can i get hospital expenses from them?

If the thing was set-up properly, and the equipment failed (which a half decent mechanic should be able to ascertain in a heartbeat) I'd sue for the damage to the frame. Simple. Oh, and in direct response to your question, if their equipment failed, and I got damaged as a direct result of failure, not negligence on the part of whomever set it up, I'd sue.

TNT12008-12-11 03:15:21

Hagar.....

I have done just over 2000km with my 11sp record and all is good.

Get a life stop cycling so much!!! Spend more time making nice webs!!!WinkLOLLOL Catch a female spaaidy!!!Embarrassed

Embarrassed

Ok, where's the door? I'm leaving.......on a jet plane......don't know when I'll be back again........la la lala ...........

Spinnekop

This sh*t does happen even with Campag (even though i hate to say it). You remember the set i bought from you' date=' the front mech snapped the cage when i dropped the chain off the big ring during the test ride after mounting the group set. So now i'm still riding with my old Chorus front mech.
[/quote']

That doesn't sound right.

Ar you sure that

The gap between the big ring and the FD was good?

The FD was tight enough and did not move down and hooked the chainrings when you shifted down?

I hope that is the case......I sure as hell did not sell you a faulty item.  EmbarrassedConfusedOuchEmbarrassed

Hagar.....

Thanks for the pic.....

Pic of the RD?

Which pin?  I need to check mine.........Confused

20081211_031853_untitled.JPG

Spinnekop2008-12-11 03:21:42

Get a life stop cycling so much!!! Spend more time making nice webs!!!WinkLOLLOL Catch a female spaaidy!!!Embarrassed
Embarrassed

Did catch a female......mated.....now I am too scared to go home and she's going to bite my head off..........Big%20smile
Spinnekop2008-12-11 03:29:08

Spinnekop i never saw the bike close up as it was in town and i stay in the sticks maybe ja q001 could help !!!

Embarrassed

Did catch a femail......mated.....now I am too scared to go home and she's going to bite my head off..........Big%20smile

I warned you to stay away from that Black Widow Spider!!!!

....sorry should that just be Widow spider without the word Black!! don't want this thread shut down!!!Embarrassed

Not sure wich pin.. I would check both. I was at the shop and saw that bike being tested after it was built. Everything worked 100% at that stage. These things do happen. Just be glad he was not moving at high speed..