Where do Stolen Bikes Go?

longweasel

What I was saying, before the thread went south ...... was that I think stolen bikes simply get sold to anyone who is willing to buy and price or value of the bike means absolutely nuttin.

How else would a someone wearing a reflective ACSA vest, but no helmet be using a nice F/S bike with a white Fox fork.

My bike was stolen from Kyalami and 18 months later the Polar went to Polar for repairs .... it was sent to Polar by Cajees Southgate, so I phoned Cajees, but they were not the slightest bit interested in (a) listening to my story or (b) helping me trace the 'new' owner.

With that I will never support Cajees EVER.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What I was saying' date=' before the thread went south ...... was that I think stolen bikes simply get sold to anyone who is willing to buy and price or value of the bike means absolutely nuttin.

[/quote']

Exactly, so where do we find these bargains?

What I was saying' date=' before the thread went south ...... was that I think stolen bikes simply get sold to anyone who is willing to buy and price or value of the bike means absolutely nuttin.

How else would a someone wearing a reflective ACSA vest, but no helmet be using a nice F/S bike with a white Fox fork.

My bike was stolen from Kyalami and 18 months later the Polar went to Polar for repairs .... it was sent to Polar by Cajees Southgate, so I phoned Cajees, but they were not the slightest bit interested in (a) listening to my story or (b) helping me trace the 'new' owner.

[/quote']

you should have opened a case against cajees for handling stolen property?

[/quote']

I'm with you on that

Guest colonel

They go to the same place as our tax money.........no where

not according to the bunch of hubbers out there. They all are getting 10-20k back from Mr. Sars.

not according to the bunch of hubbers out there. They all are getting 10-20k back from Mr. Sars.

True, but I don't have and have never had a stolen bikeWink

What the hell is all this cr@p? I came to see where the stolen bikes go in the hope of picking up a bargain' date=' and all there is, is loads of moronic drivel. Go away, sillies. [/quote']

Hahah Im with you TNT..

I cant even go on with work for 10 minutes and you guys are at each others necks!! proving that mabe Its all just HUMAN NATURE HAHA..Angry we all lose!!! Its its... almost holidays and I think time for a short commercial break..

this will chillax all the ous..

You b@stards aren't gonna tell me' date=' are you? [/quote']

You honestly think if we knew we would have sprouted so much drivel?

Be serious for about five seconds here. You a "witou" right? And the oke who stole Holy's bike around the corner, is gonna approach you an offer it to you for R200? Yeah, RIGHT.

Even if it means he will only get R100 for it in the township, he'll rather sell it there because the risk of arrest is infintismlally small compared to him offering it to you for even R500.

Bikes end up in the townships when they get stolen, They seldom come out unlessused to commute and that's why you'll never get such a bargain.  Even if you did it and were noble enough to track down the original owner and give him back his bike, it will get stolen again, and again. It will keep getting stolen until there is no longer a market for stolen goods and in Africa, that will NEVER happen. So even noble intentions will create a market for stolen goods and as long as the goods are marketable, they will be stolen.

Then when the dudes can't afford repairs, they just steal another one and the first one ends up rotting somewhere in the african bush, or probably ends up in some remote forsaken corner or africa being ridden with no tyres until it cannot be ridden anymore or until a beter one arrives.

Right, I will be going home via alex, and post the tale of my expedition (or pics of my new bike) tomorrow.

If you happen to get out alive.

And BTW, there'll probably be a new bike in Alex tomorrow AM. Wanna post a pic so we can see what it looks lke now? Chances are we'll never get to see it again.

If you happen to get out alive.

And BTW' date=' there'll probably be a new bike in Alex tomorrow AM. Wanna post a pic so we can see what it looks lke now? Chances are we'll never get to see it again.

[/quote']

Are you nuts man... I ain't taking my bike into alex, and besides, if I'm on my bike, how do I get the new bike home?

Yeah. I'm a nutty, racist bigot f*ckwit.

What can I say? I plead insanity dude. LOL

Whne someone finds out where the stolen bikes really go, please let me know. The suspense is killing me now.