Powertap problem HR

VO2max

Guest Michelle

bruce: I have tried with the powertap strap but no luck.. that's why I started using both... I was quite surprised when I started getting a reading on the powertap.

I think my PT strap might be a bit too big.  It's on it's tightest so I might have to do some DIY alterations to it... Confused

Hmmm... I wonder how much people would pay for that tool Evil%20Smile

Coded straps will sometimes work with the PT, depending if they happen to be transmitting a frequency that the PT can pick up.

Hmmmn, I've seen plenty of excuses/justifications for boob jobs, but never to get the HR strap to fit Big%20smile

I'm also useing my Polar strap and watch, the 747 Cockpit look is the in thing they tell me...not! My Polar picks up the HR on the PowerTap aswell, but not much, have a look. That Red thingies is all the HR you'll get, sad sad sad.

20070127_020303_Powertap_pro.gif

bruce: I have tried with the powertap strap but no luck.. that's why I started using both... I was quite surprised when I started getting a reading on the powertap.

I think my PT strap might be a bit too big.  It's on it's tightest so I might have to do some DIY alterations to it... Confused

Hmmm... I wonder how much people would pay for that tool Evil%20Smile

Also thought about it for the altitude but the main problem that I see is that you would manually have to "synch" the Polar and PT. There are a coupleof options but it makes it a bit of a schlep.

This morning I was riding with one of my buddies but I was really pushing it' date=' then my HR went throught the roof, and I was doing about 55km/h, but on a flat, then my HR just flatlined! Geek And it never came back? [/quote']

I stopped for a few minutes after about 2.5hr ride and did not register after that.

No other HR problems before or since.....

HR on the PT is a waste of time. I tried it for about a week before I gave up - either it was dropping out, or if you were riding with others it picked theirs up.

After another week or two you realise you don't miss it. The only important thing is power output, HR really is pretty irrelevant.

I do miss the altitude from my Polar though Cry

• 3 weeks later...

Experienced all the problems as mentioned above. Now I am using the PT Belt (after replacing the battery), removed all other magnets, cadence and speed sensors from my bike - all problems solved. The only time I do experience problems with HR are when sitting in a bunch - interference due to non coded system. I agree - the altitude function would be great so if we can find a way to combine Polar altitude with PT data on Cycling Peaks - what a win.

Louiso

Should not be a problem to combine data from polar with that of the powertap software. Save as a polar file and then open it in cycling peaks.

The powertap program safe it in pretty much usable format almost the same as polar. So with a bit of coding it will be possible. When I get a break I will see if I can write something combining these files. I also want the altitude because that was really nice from polar.

Louiso, What is a PT Belt? Are you talking about the PowerTap HR Belt you get with your PT? And so are you saying that the standard HR Belts batteries are all flat when buying your PT? I've not come across any1 that have not / has a problem with the HR Belt, the thing don't work, full stop and the function should be taking of any advertising claiming the function exist cuz it's false advertising imho.<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Marius2007-02-12 07:16:23

Guest Michelle

Cyclingpeaks are going to be building in a "merge" function into version 3....

Marius

Yes I am referring to the Power Tap Heart Rate belt. I am not saying that all the batteries are flat but by changing the battery in my PT HR Belt and my wife's PT HR Belt it eliminated a lot of problems.

thanks for Clearing it up for me Louiso, might give it a try. Now, who's going to gimmy a copy of that CyclePeaks programe???:-P

• 2 weeks later...
HR on the PT is a waste of time. I tried it for about a week before I gave up - either it was dropping out' date=' or if you were riding with others it picked theirs up.

After another week or two you realise you don't miss it. The only important thing is power output, HR really is pretty irrelevant.

[/quote']

reallY? Theres quite a few experts who disagree.

can you expand on that statement? Would be interested to hear your view