Why should I pay ?

crashtestdummy

You ride a Raleigh????Seriously what frame do you rideCan maybe hook you up with the agents

Listen here you ugly roadie I have broken 3 THREE Raleigh frames and got them all replaced within a week ! No stupid questions asked . smiley2.gif

Hey who you calling a roadieShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShocked  I only own a MTB nowClapClapClapClapClap

Los die ou man uit!!!!! Hy is net suurtiet omdat  hy 'n Fondriest ry wat in dieselfde fabiek as die Raleighs gemaak word....... of hy is dalk suurtiet omdat die runways daar in lapkop land toegesneeu is!!!!!!!! teee heeeeee!!!!!!!!

BigH ek het die fondriest vir Bliksempie gegee............. toe trap hy hom opstuk stukkend..................  nou ry hy n dale en ek ry n ........................   ( as ek dit se moer my vrou my)OuchOuchOuchOuch

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Buddy of mine suffered a cracked rear tri. Importer/manufacturer covert the costs to get the new tri to him. I paid to have the old one send to the importer as he was away at the time and I didn't mind so much seeing that my carbon frame outlasted his alu frame!

No funny questions asked by importer of manufacturer. They send a replacement tri based on some photos I emailed them.

Guy was up and running in no time and it wasn't a big name brand bike or importer. Just freaking good service.

As far as I'm concerned the agent/distributor/importer should cover all costs for shipping. Why else do we pay the high price for equipment?

When we challange them on their prices they tell us because we get warranties/gaurantees from them that that won't be covered when buying online. So where is this "service" that we pay for?

I have a had a few returns to local chain stores over the years' date=' and I have never had to pay for shipping costs to have the items repaired/replaced. Why should cycling be any different?
[/quote']

SD - I agree, but sometimes the beancounters who write warranty policy have a different view. Which some might try and exploit.

Sometimes with relatively low level of products sold and long distances between the LBS and manufacturer the costumer customer or his LBS does not have a leg to cycle with.

Listen here you ugly roadie I have broken 3 THREE Raleigh frames and got them all replaced within a week ! No stupid questions asked . smiley2.gif

They were replaced within a week or you cracked three frames within a week? LOL

Didn't you know that because Raleigh makes such k@k frames that they provide LBS' with extra frames for all the warranty claims, that's why their service is so fast....and no stupid questions askedWinkOuch

Standard practice boet.They want to make sure it's their fault and not yours.They want to make sure you were not in a crash etc.Material and location means nothing to a warranty.If i hit my chainstay hard enough with a hammer it will break at the weld.Standard practice anyway,you pay for frame to get to them,they pay for new one to get to you.

Standard practice boet.They want to make sure it's their fault and not yours.They want to make sure you were not in a crash etc.Material and location means nothing to a warranty.If i hit my chainstay hard enough with a hammer it will break at the weld.Standard practice anyway' date='you pay for frame to get to them,they pay for new one to get to you. [/quote']

The manufacturer doesn't worry who is paying the shipping, whether it be the customer/LBS or importer.

Like I said, The SA importer should pay for the shipping overseas...that's what we pay for to get gaurantees from the importer

Imagine if they did pay postage on all warranties only to find the bike had been in a crash or you the second owner or bike is out of warranty.Just covering themselves i think.

I wonder when they gonna make like car dealers and start to charge transport fees when you buy a new bike.

While on the subject when last did you check what the warranty on your frame was.I say this because in the last year a lot of companies have dropped the lifetime warranty and not told the buyer.Was shocked to hear a company like Pinarello(BIG BUCKS FOR BIKE)has only a 2 year warranty.Cannondale,Spez and Giant are one of the few who still give lifetime.

Didn't you know that because Raleigh makes such k@k frames that they provide LBS' with extra frames for all the warranty claims' date=' that's why their service is so fast....and no stupid questions askedWinkOuch

[/quote'] ........ and your Tandem is what make Boet???????? ..... be loyal to your brand or the brand WILL bite back!!!!!!!

While on the subject when last did you check what the warranty on your frame was.I say this because in the last year a lot of companies have dropped the lifetime warranty and not told the buyer.Was shocked to hear a company like Pinarello(BIG BUCKS FOR BIKE)has only a 2 year warranty.Cannondale' date='Spez and Giant are one of the few who still give lifetime. [/quote'] ....... of the original owner only...... 2nd hand bike ...... zilch guarantee

Didn't you know that because Raleigh makes such k@k frames that they provide LBS' with extra frames for all the warranty claims' date=' that's why their service is so fast....and no stupid questions askedWinkOuch

[/quote'] ........ and your Tandem is what make Boet???????? ..... be loyal to your brand or the brand WILL bite back!!!!!!!

I was just joking. I actually forgot about my tandem that's collecting dust at the moment while rushing to get my house finished before christmasEmbarrassed

While on the subject when last did you check what the warranty on your frame was.I say this because in the last year a lot of companies have dropped the lifetime warranty and not told the buyer.Was shocked to hear a company like Pinarello(BIG BUCKS FOR BIKE)has only a 2 year warranty.Cannondale' date='Spez and Giant are one of the few who still give lifetime. [/quote'] ....... of the original owner only...... 2nd hand bike ...... zilch guarantee

Toffee... if I get original proof of purchase with second hand bike, I get warranty too...

Toffee... if I get original proof of purchase with second hand bike, I get warranty too...

SNAP! I was thinking the same thing tooLOL