Races not paying vets ladies prize money

FOURFEET

How about the Argus Cycle Tour, there is no price money for any vets category. You would think that for a race of this status, they would have something?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fand,

Tennis is the exception, the women these days offer better spectator appeal and the prize money on the circuit is showing that. 

Tennis - ladies are paid the same as men in Wimbledon - and they play less.......Wink

Your point is taken , but it's about recognition, even just a podium and a bunch of flowers. Imagine a prizegiving with only elite men and women. Who will stay to watch it?

and I suppose Vet women draw huge crowds or attract major sponsors.

If I organised a race I'd pay elite men & women and maybe juniors.

Does any one pay ........... attention to Vet Women!!

Seriously, I race for fun, and am a vet, but bot close to the front, even if I was capable of winning my category I wouldn't expect money unless I was an overall winner, like in the Elite bunch!

how many people worldwide watch the ladies tour de france? unfortunately its a reality that ladies cycling isnt as well watched as mens cycling.

more viewers = more prize money.

as good as the ladies are' date=' they will never get the same prize money as men. And its not only cycling.

how much do lady golfers earn vs men? running? tennis?
[/quote']

Fandacious. Have to agree with you on this one its all about money, tv coverage and sponsorship. The athletes are just there to create all of this. Sad but true.

how many people worldwide watch the ladies tour de france? unfortunately its a reality that ladies cycling isnt as well watched as mens cycling.

You have to ask yourself WHY though? Why would people rather look at guys in Lycra than fit, tanned (even if it's only the parts that stick out), Lycra-clad girls?? Confused More proof that roadies are gay? TongueLOL

Seriously though, I don't see why girls' prize money should be an issue. They race the race, they win the race, they should get prize money. If it's about the amount of people entering in a category, maybe they should divide it as follows:

XX% of the entrance fee goes towards the pot for the category you enter.

1st place gets 50% of the pot, 2nd gets 30%, 3rd gets 20% - or something along those lines.

Or just give everyone some pot, they'll be very relaxed and won't worry about prize money!

I earn a living working for a company. I also ride and train as well as I can for the races I do. If I happened to be good enough for a podium finish in my category I would be happy with a medal. I say- let the money go to the people who make a living from cycling- ie, the pros.

If I was an ex-pro, I would be happy to see the youngsters making their day in the sunshine. I would had had my turn, then handed the baton over.

Everytime I race and I get a PB, I've won. I get a medal and bragging rights with my sedentary envious buddies - that's good enough.

Cant agree more with Hog..

If a race actually offers diff categories to race in.... by definition there will be a first, second, third across the line... Give ALL the categories something.. even if its just a 1st,2nd,3rd place medal... Jeez, it doesnt have to cost a lot..

Hogs suggestions as to % makes sense..

I suspect that the underlying irritation is that  although everyone pays the same entrance fee, there is no recognition..

I am amazed at the attitude of SOME here that really Vet ladies are of no consequence.....

At our BMX track, every category gets something and more importantly, we start with the little ones and end with the Elites so that there is a crowd to clap the novices and not just the elites and bugger of home..

You have to ask yourself WHY though? Why would people rather look at guys in Lycra than fit' date=' tanned (even if it's only the parts that stick out), Lycra-clad girls?? Confused More proof that roadies are gay? TongueLOL

Seriously though, I don't see why girls' prize money should be an issue. They race the race, they win the race, they should get prize money. If it's about the amount of people entering in a category, maybe they should divide it as follows:

XX% of the entrance fee goes towards the pot for the category you enter.
1st place gets 50% of the pot, 2nd gets 30%, 3rd gets 20% - or something along those lines.

Or just give everyone some pot, they'll be very relaxed and won't worry about prize money!

[/quote']

Hog, I don't think pot is gonna help fourfeet.... he/she/it seems to be very bitter and twisted about something.  Every single post from the very 1st has been bitching about ladies racing.

Now there are three threads, essentially all covering the same topic to get everyones attention.

Hog' date=' I don't think pot is gonna help fourfeet....
[/quote']

I think a race-money pot would help fourfeet! Also, don't underestimate the power of good weed. It makes all your troubles seem so far away...

Tongue

if you are 68 like your profile says, whitch OLD AGE HOME do you represent?? Huis vergenoegd in paarl has got a strong walker pusher clup cadded the old farts, stop whining do you know how many times us juniors get screwed at races and whe dont whine!!!!!

our prize money is also ridiculesly low and whe have to ride way further than you an nationals so SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if you are 68 like your profile says' date=' whitch OLD AGE HOME do you represent?? Huis vergenoegd in paarl has got a strong walker pusher clup cadded the old farts, stop whining do you know how many times us juniors get screwed at races and whe dont whine!!!!!

our prize money is also ridiculesly low and whe have to ride way further than you an nationals so SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote']

Quite right no calves, that zimmer frame attachment to fourfeets bike is considered a modification and gets reclassified as an 'unconventional bike'. Unfortunately, I think only the Argus caters or catered for 'unconventionals', so you are out of luck there fourfeet. By the way, how do you get so many feet into your mouth at once (although it seems like you change them quite often)?

Vets woman should be taking the kids to soccer' date=' at book clubs or colouring their hair, not riding bicyclesEvil%20Smile[/quote']

HEY!!! AngryAngry