Coolheat - Supply chain debate

markStockton

It would seem that possibly the proprietor of the bike shop involved may either have been confused, or possibly less than truthful in this instance.

My apologies Steven and Coolheat. I will arrange for the derailleur to get to you via another shop and you can confirm if the you have the parts or not. Thank you for pushing the subject so that could get to the bottom of the matter.

Changing the topic, again to reflect the direction the thread is taking

markStockton2009-01-16 02:45:43

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Go to Solomons. Achtar is very accomodating - sure he can help you out.

Very good chance I'll be doing that.

I just wish the retailers would see Coolheat for what they are!!!

Can you blame them? It's Shimano. Hence disposable. Chuck away and buy a new one smiley1.gif

Jokes aside, the bike shops can't easily bypass Coolheat because they need them for little things.

Also, I don't think Solomons bypasses agents. They are able to give good deals because they buy up old stock from agents at bargain prices. It says something about the cycling mentality that a certain part, which may even work better than a newer part, sells for half the price because it's a bit dated.

What did you break. There are not many user serviceable parts on any derraileur. Does not matter what type. They are consumable items.

A XTR M971 rear derr will cost you R1053.09 at www.chainreactioncycles.com

Dee....... The man's name is ARSHAD DOCKRAT.

Can you blame them? It's Shimano. Hence disposable. Chuck away and buy a new one smiley1.gif 

Mmmmm' date=' if only I could afford a SRAM groupset right now.

Jokes aside, the bike shops can't easily bypass Coolheat because they need them for little things.

You mean like spare parts?

Also' date=' I don't think Solomons bypasses agents. They are able to give good deals because they buy up old stock from agents at bargain prices. It says something about the cycling mentality that a certain part, which may even work better than a newer part, sells for half the price because it's a bit dated. [/quote']

My theory about Solomons sourcing else where goes back to a set of Ultegra SL shifters that I managed to buy from them at less than the price Coolheat would supply my LBS. As far as I know it couldn't have been old stock as the SL was first launched in 2008.

However I do know this is why Solomons have such great pricing on Trek stuff. 

Jokes aside' date=' the bike shops can't easily bypass Coolheat because they need them for little things.

Also, I don't think Solomons bypasses agents. They are able to give good deals because they buy up old stock from agents at bargain prices. It says something about the cycling mentality that a certain part, which may even work better than a newer part, sells for half the price because it's a bit dated. [/quote']

Jules, please tell me where I can get spares for Campagnolo MTB rear derraileurs, or for that matter Road rear Derraileurs. I have three broken ones at home.

Dunno about that but I put new springs in my Record shifters for well under R100. They shift as well as the day I bought them.

hmmm..... woodmead dude? Could swear he said Achtar. Will check later -his card is in my car.

hmmm..... woodmead dude? Could swear he said Achtar. Will check later -his card is in my car.

Solomons in WOODMEAD??????? Het jy alweer sonner 'n helmet gery en geval??????? Solomons is in Pretoria Noord skattie!!!!!!!

Solomons in WOODMEAD??????? Het jy alweer sonner 'n helmet gery en geval??????? Solomons is in Pretoria Noord skattie!!!!!!!

sorry H, maar daar het 'n tak oop gemaak in Woodmead.

?

?

sorry H' date=' maar daar het 'n tak oop gemaak in Woodmead.

?
[/quote']

Great news! IanJ kindly made the trek to Pretoria for us on Saturday. I bought six of the sub-R100 KMC 9spd chains and three 9spd casettes. Altogether, it came to less than the price of one XTR casette at the LBS.

Ek het geval maar ek is 100% seker in Woodmead. LOL

Guys, its by KFC. One of the other Hub guys told us about it last week. Achtar says they are slowly getting stock in but he can sort out what you want. I am hoping to buy some new shoes there tomorrow. Pop in there.

sorry H' date=' maar daar het 'n tak oop gemaak in Woodmead.

[/quote']

H met so "effense" rooi gesig...... sorry skattie, dit is as mens vir Momparra kan glo!!!!!!!!

20090105_063152_sonbrand.jpg