CycleLab - Never Again.

Saffer

Went in there for the first time last week. Was asked around ten times if i had been helped...which I had. Service was sharp and professional.

But that was my experience.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If anything my complaint with CL is they tend to harrass me by asking if they can help when all i want to do is browse, maybe they think i'm gonna nick something. LOL

But this stuff happens even at my regular LBS i sometimes get ignored, but then they probably used to me just wanting to browse.

A lot of Hubbers have been around the country. Cape Town' date=' Durban, Jo'burg etc. So besides your own LBS, where have you seen the best bike shop, the one that's had the best stock, and service, and gone the extra mile?

For me it's definately Leigh's Cycle Center in Dbn.
[/quote']

Leighs are well stocked but their service also sucks. I was in the store in November last year wanting to buy spokes for the Tandem. I showed them waht i wanted, had to explain it to three other people, I stood around for 15 minutes while I heard them arguing and laughing about what I wanted. Nobody explained why I had to wait so long and eventually they came ou with totally the wrong spokes. O ja they kept on insisting that I should rather use double butted spokes. I placed all my other purchases on the counter and simply walked out. Stupid youngsters who knows stuff all about the trade trying to tell you what you should buy!!!!!!! I will not support them again.

Next time go to the rack with the tubes and levers, take said tube and levers, go the checkout and ask to pay, sometimes you just need to be a bit more proactive. The sales assistants may have seen you looking around at other stuff and thought that you were just browsing.

Still no reason to post it on thehub if you ask me - you should have complained there and then!!

I agree' date=' walk up to the sales people and say: excuse me, maybe you can help me.....easy as that Wink

I've always just got the best service from CycleLab (Northgate) here.  For instance, I wanted a pair of ladies specific cycling shorts at the end of December, they didn't have my size and then they orderd me my size, not just that I got sms's to let me know when it will be there as well as a phone call when it actually arrived....Thumbs%20Up

[/quote']

Hey, any poor bloke behind a sales counter will be at your service if a gorgeous woman walks through that door Wink

That's maybe why you always get very good service.

I have been in retail and the number 1 rule is always to ask every client if they need help. Not only is it good customer service but it is also good for stick loss. No one is just browsing - there is always a high chance that if helped they will make a purchase. Sometimes browsers are fussy customers who have lots of money to spend and just need help spending it.

I have walked out of a couple of shops cause the people keeps on harrasing me when i just want to shop on my own and look at stuff on my own time... When they follow you through the isles like someone who is going to attack you with their newest product!!!!! Just stand by the counter and look around, you will see when someone wants to be helped.

My point is - I'm sure EVERY weekend at least ONE hubber will experience a level of BAD service at SOME bike shop - no reason to post it on thehub. Rather point it out to them!

When I was at a PnP a while back I waited 10 mins in the queue (with a longer wait ahead) and just dropped my stuff on another desk, walked to the managers office and told them that is unacceptable and walked out and shopped somewhere else... you should try - it gave me a good feeling - and the manager can take or leave my rant...

If you don't complain then and there - how they ever gonna change - if ever Wink

Oh... CL is NOT my LBS for that matter!

I've only been in there once (CL in Fourways) and I thought the service sucked.  My girlfriend and I walked around for about 20 minutes trying to find someone to help us, without success.  Eventually a kid came up to as and when I asked him my question, his response was "Ok, let me just go ask someone because I don't know that much..." (I sh*t you not!)

I also thought the layout of the store was terrible, as mentioned is some of the previous posts.  Now, it was a Saturday morning, so I'll take that into account. BUT, they weren't that busy.  There weren't a million people in the shop.

On the other hand, they're always extremely eager to help you out when you email asking something.  So maybe the right way to go with them is to email or phone and make an appointment to see someone is you're going for something major.  For the small stuff, I'll stick to my LBS.

When I was at a PnP a while back I waited 10 mins in the queue (with a longer wait ahead) and just dropped my stuff on another desk' date=' walked to the managers office and told them that is unacceptable and walked out and shopped somewhere else... you should try - it gave me a good feeling - and the manager can take or leave my rant...

If you don't complain then and there - how they ever gonna change - if ever Wink

[/quote']

So you must have spent at least 10 to 20mins shopping, plus that 10mins plus another 5 or 10 speaking to the manager. Then you went somewhere else where you wasted another 30mins (excluding driving time) at another shop. You wasted over an hour!! TV and bike time. Confused What the??

Um, complaining on the Hub will help others to post their point of view. Do you think that the bike stores ignore the Hub? NO! They go on the hub. So, its likely more productive than complaining as the manager is not pressed for time and can read critisism instead of having an irate individual whom they likely do not listen to.

i always get asked' date='and Ben there is great[/quote']

sorry, mini hijack: wasn't he the one who injured his eye last year?

[

I've always just got the best service from CycleLab (Northgate) here.

same here, their service is excellent and there prices NOT that high. I bought my first lekker bike at CL 3 years ago. Also bought random stuff at their branch in Brackenfell.

When I popped in the other day Gary Marescia remembered my name from 3 years ago!!!! I was at loss of words. The manager, who was the same as at brackenfell, also always remembers my name and is very helpful.

Only gripe is that they are a bit out of my way so i cant get there often.

FanieFiets2009-01-12 04:41:32

What an experience ... I walk in at CL ... I get a cup of coffee offered; I thne tell the sales person what I require and he get the items for me ... once I am finished with my coffee do I proceed to the checkout counter, sign my credit card slip and away I am ....