CycleLab - Never Again.

Saffer

When I was at a PnP a while back I waited 10 mins in the queue (with a longer wait ahead) and just dropped my stuff on another desk' date=' walked to the managers office and told them that is unacceptable and walked out and shopped somewhere else... you should try - it gave me a good feeling - and the manager can take or leave my rant...

If you don't complain then and there - how they ever gonna change - if ever Wink

[/quote']

So you must have spent at least 10 to 20mins shopping, plus that 10mins plus another 5 or 10 speaking to the manager. Then you went somewhere else where you wasted another 30mins (excluding driving time) at another shop. You wasted over an hour!! TV and bike time. Confused What the??

Um, complaining on the Hub will help others to post their point of view. Do you think that the bike stores ignore the Hub? NO! They go on the hub. So, its likely more productive than complaining as the manager is not pressed for time and can read critisism instead of having an irate individual whom they likely do not listen to.

They read thehub indeed and you can actually pm/e-mail/phone them to complain...

Even if I wasted a bit of time - I'll do it again Wink

Complain all you want my friend - I just think there are better ways and means to complain!

BTW - how much "TV and bike time" have you wasted this am posting this LOL

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In a customer service industry like cycle shops. helping customers and turning over a sale is how your business runs.

In my honest opinion, I service all of my bike and do my background learning on the product and shop for prices.

In my honest opinion, Cyclelab is way to comercial and way too over priced on most of their items.

They also seem to hire people who know the book of how to bullsh1t a customer off by heart. Cause the cr@p i've been told has been soo far fetched its incredible. in my honest opinion.

Dont use them, dont waste your time. There are plenty of bike shops out there, take your pick.

Guest Michelle

Is this the Monday morning b1tch session?

Sometimes I think ppl just look for excuses to come & moan on the hub... you were probably standing there thinking " I am sooo gonna post this on the hub first thing tomorrow morning" when you should have just approached a sales person for some help

Sometimes I think ppl just look for excuses to come & moan on the hub... you were probably standing there thinking " I am sooo gonna post this on the hub first thing tomorrow morning" when you should have just approached a sales person for some help

ClapClapClapClapClap

well put.

The salesman in my LBS broke his ankle this weekend. I suppose he won't be able to peddle me anything for a few weeks.

LOL

The salesman in my LBS broke his ankle this weekend. I suppose he won't be able to peddle me anything for a few weeks.

LOL

ClapLOL

We stood there like idiots for 25min' date='
[/quote']

are we talking about earthminutes here? that is a long time, i get through my bicycling magazine quicker than that.

do they have cctv in these stores? i'd like to see what you okes did for that long.

Yes i can understand your point and agree with you in some respects but part of the hubs aim as a forum is to get experiences from others and news on stuff. whether it be bad or good or service or product related.

On a positive note Andrew or Allie can also use this site, as they do to better their service so that it ends well for both parties.

it just happens that the complaints all happen at one time. but like andrew did say at the MTN bike park pre opening for the hubbers is that everyone's views on service and all that is appreciated and helps to better cyclelab the business as a whole. so dont see it as a b1tch session but more as an informative outlet for those angered by the service but also a way of cyclelab to view the complaints and work on them.

:)

I am from PE and have popped into CL in Centurion a few times and have always received great service from them. I always make time to go into their store when in that area.Thumbs%20Up

If anything my complaint with CL is they tend to harrass me by asking if they can help when all i want to do is browse' date=' maybe they think i'm gonna nick something. LOL

But this stuff happens even at my regular LBS i sometimes get ignored, but then they probably used to me just wanting to browse.

[/quote']

Been to CL 4ways a few times and if I were to complain it would be over guys crowding me offering to assist. Must have been a bad day for the orkie who stood for 35min for service. I would have challenged someone off their tea break to give me service. I know my missus doesn't like to go shopping with me coz she gets "embarrassed" by my impatience.

I had some terrible service from Cycle Lab at Westlake in CT. After going to the place 4 times looking for something and being told each time that it would be ordered and arrive a few days later.... nothing. So went to their website and found a web form to fill in rating their service....

http://www.cyclelab.co.za/default.asp?des=feedback

Worked very well. Got an email from Andrew Mclean shortly thereafter, and a call from Gary Mercia a short while after that, follow by a call from the store manager. They sourced what I was looking for in 3 days and I collected it from them. They were very appologetic about everything.

Give it a go.

Look folks, i was expresing an opinion and my choice not to go back. I understand i might have ruffeled a few feathers but hey welcome to the hub... Err about that hunting!!! LOL

don't get angry, this is what you do...take one of the R40,000 bicycles, start riding it around the shop swerving like crazy screaming , "oh shyte, oops , damn" etc .... then see how quick they run to help you!

I am from PE and have popped into CL in Centurion a few times and have always received great service from them. I always make time to go into their store when in that area.Thumbs%20Up

Dirty Twin... I agree with you there. I visit them everytime I'm in Pretoria. David, Paul and their team is always helping and makes you feel welcome.

Great work CL Centurion  Clap

Trust me i woulda but had the missus with me and she does not like my "IMPATIENCE" so i tried to stick it out... Epic fail none the less.

sheesh, I have the exact same problem! glad to not be alone