Know What Is In Your Medicine!!!!

Pro-Funrider

Guest Michelle

I woukd like to nominate colonel for biggest stirrer...

Oops, wrong topic ;-)

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Or they could have been trying to get the information and the truth to make informed comments and not half brained wanting to be heard chirps like some people on this forum.Big%20smile

The truth is out there' date=' but can we handle itClap
[/quote']

Wink

half brained chirps? Yes, I see how this is everyones fault except the lying cheating doper, who doesnt have to explain himself to hubbers. If so, why did he come post some BS story about cough medicine?

Its easy to put people into groups, isnt it...

Or they could have been trying to get the information and the truth to make informed comments and not half brained wanting to be heard chirps like some people on this forum.Big%20smile

The truth is out there' date=' but can we handle itClap
[/quote']

Wink

half brained chirps? Yes, I see how this is everyones fault except the lying cheating doper, who doesnt have to explain himself to hubbers. If so, why did he come post some BS story about cough medicine?

Its easy to put people into groups, isnt it...

Its funny how everytime someone brings up nasty hubbers or chirps or whatever. its mostly you who replies first and changes the subject and takes the spotlight off you or whoever it is reffering to...

dont like it do you? Big%20smile

It might just be me but I fail to see the rationale behind attacking all of the TCS team members because of the actions of one stupid team member! 

Seriously. 

I don't know the guilty person but he was an ass to think that he could come onto a forum of like-minded athletes and get away with the lame excuse that he tried to fob off on us.  So hold him responsible and accountable for his actions.

fandacious, colonel et al ... you have made your feelings quite clear and we are under no illusions about where you stand on this matter. 

Move on.

It might just be me but I fail to see the rationale behind attacking all of the TCS team members because of the actions of one stupid team member! 

Seriously. 

I don't know the guilty person but he was an ass to think that he could come onto a forum of like-minded athletes and get away with the lame excuse that he tried to fob off on us.  So hold him responsible and accountable for his actions.

fandacious' date=' colonel et al ... you have made your feelings quite clear and we are under no illusions about where you stand on this matter. 

Move on.

[/quote']

ClapClapClap

Clap

[

yeah - how the hell did he get ephedrine. Where did he get it from?

all medicines containing ephedrine have been made schedule 6. Which puts them on the same level as morphine

There's no way in hell the doctor would be prescribing S6 drugs for cold or flu

After reading this page' date=' I am of the conclusion that ephedrine isn't as potent as you would have me believe.

[/quote]Many of the common or garden decongestants have now been re-scheduled to S6. My doctor prescribed Clarityne-D for me a few weeks ago. The pharmacy filled it, no sweat. I guess it may have a banned substance in it. Have not checked but it probably does. My point is that an Over the Counter medicine is now a S6 due to a Buareaucratic Process and why would a doctor NOT prescribe an effective medicine.

FanD, it seems to me you are VERY emotionally invested in this issue. If you had read Eben's message carefully, he says it was his responsibility to check. He knew the risks, got caught and punished. That is the correct course of action. If you believe he (or anyone else) should continue to be punished, does the same principle apply to every crime. Like having your driver's licence permanently removed for skipping a stop street or talking on your cellphone. Punishments are decided by society, and if they are not right there are mechanisms to change them, by a defined and consensual process.

Eben, right or wrong has had his punishment, and having "served his debt to society" should be allowed back in. I think it is highly unlikely he will ever do something like this again. Nor many other hubbers.

BTW, if I am sick I will take the medicine prescribed whether or not it contains Eff as I would rather get better quicker. I hardly consider it doping, but accept that the pro's do need to be careful. There are lots of cheats out there, after all. I guess I am one, as I have ridden under the influence of cold meds before.

I have not even read all the replies to this post... But what I can see is that you guys are WAAAYYYY to tense!!! so the guy doped/took the wrong medicine (what ever the story may be!!!) no need to slate anyone that has any connection to him!!!! No need to slate him even!!! Let me sommer put it out there, Rabie, you are a dumb ass for the way you are acting!!!! Like you have NEVER done anything wrong in a race?? going and saying that you wish you never race against him again... What if what he is saying is true?? then you go and behave like and complete asshole against someone who made an honest mistake...  Tell you what, go on, go and judge the sh*t out of him!!!! We will see how you will be judged one day by someone who actually matters...

Seriously. 

cut' date=' cut

[/quote']

One of the better posts on the 27 pager.. Must admit I didnt notice much direct attacking of TCS ( could have missed it though ), but rather a fair amount of saying, fairly or unfairly, that by implication, many would look at TCS through jaundiced eyes... And that is entirely natural..

As for many saying, its none of anyones business and why all the comment and abuse..... thats like saying that Paris Hilton can do what she likes, yet we should respect her privacy..

As soon as the very first post was made by Eben, the topic and him himself became public. It would seem that the truth is now out and he lied to all and sundry... and now his lame ass apology is supposed to make it all ok..

Im all for forgiveness and not persecuting someone forever... but trying to excuse and cover your guilt with a lame ass post like the first one was always going to get him abused.

Simple, if he didnt post, very few people besides TCS would have known about it, never mind creating 27 pages of it.

I dont know TCS or Crux or anyone in the team, but to me its simple enough that no one would/should believe that because Eben did it, they all did it..

To many who have posted on this thread..

The hub is like democratic right,

Because you have the right to post when you want to and mostly WHAT you want , you cannot deny others the right to do so, whether you agree with the opinion or  not..

cut' date=' cut...
As soon as the very first post was made by Eben, the topic and him himself became public. It would seem that the truth is now out and he lied to all and sundry... and now his lame ass apology is supposed to make it all ok..

Im all for forgiveness and not persecuting someone forever... but trying to excuse and cover your guilt with a lame ass post like the first one was always going to get him abused.

Simple, if he didnt post, very few people besides TCS would have known about it, never mind creating 27 pages of it.

...cut, cut

[/quote']

Not true, only after Gary Rabie posted a topic asking who the two dopers were who got banned, did this topic suddenly appear! 
Willehond2009-01-19 09:40:40

Guest colonel
Colonel.  You really are an excellent rider.  Dead horse rider that is.

Ok no more from me on Eben-Drine..........Maybe

http://3alleypub.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/beating_a_dead_horse.jpg
colonel2009-01-19 11:08:51

Not true' date=' only after Gary Rabie posted a topic asking who the two dopers were who got banned, did this topic suddenly appear! 
[/quote']

I would agree with you on that, but it doesnt change the fact that Eben made the very first post himself, seemingly lying through his teeth... and now expects some sympathy..

Far too much has come out of the wash that cannot be taken back..

If this thread/naming on the CSA site makes just one more son/father/brother/mother/daughter/etc think twice about stuffing poison down their throats to the detriment of not only themselves, but their families and teams.... IM ALL FOR IT!

KDEE2009-01-19 10:07:03

Seriously. 

fandacious' date=' colonel et al ... you have made your feelings quite clear and we are under no illusions about where you stand on this matter. 

Move on.

[/quote']

I think this is what the Apetonian's do when they feel inferior (all the time), and don't get to b1tch slap one another at Killarny for a while. Maybe someone should sponsor Fand and Captain Kangaroo a room and they can resolve their frustrations themselves. The room shouldn't cost much, if you rent by the minute. 

[

yeah - how the hell did he get ephedrine. Where did he get it from?

all medicines containing ephedrine have been made schedule 6. Which puts them on the same level as morphine

There's no way in hell the doctor would be prescribing S6 drugs for cold or flu

After reading this page' date=' I am of the conclusion that ephedrine isn't as potent as you would have me believe.

[/quote]Many of the common or garden decongestants have now been re-scheduled to S6. My doctor prescribed Clarityne-D for me a few weeks ago. The pharmacy filled it, no sweat. I guess it may have a banned substance in it. Have not checked but it probably does. My point is that an Over the Counter medicine is now a S6 due to a Buareaucratic Process and why would a doctor NOT prescribe an effective medicine.

FanD, it seems to me you are VERY emotionally invested in this issue. If you had read Eben's message carefully, he says it was his responsibility to check. He knew the risks, got caught and punished. That is the correct course of action. If you believe he (or anyone else) should continue to be punished, does the same principle apply to every crime. Like having your driver's licence permanently removed for skipping a stop street or talking on your cellphone. Punishments are decided by society, and if they are not right there are mechanisms to change them, by a defined and consensual process.

Eben, right or wrong has had his punishment, and having "served his debt to society" should be allowed back in. I think it is highly unlikely he will ever do something like this again. Nor many other hubbers.

BTW, if I am sick I will take the medicine prescribed whether or not it contains Eff as I would rather get better quicker. I hardly consider it doping, but accept that the pro's do need to be careful. There are lots of cheats out there, after all. I guess I am one, as I have ridden under the influence of cold meds before.

Ephedrine is potent. It does have an affect. Doctors cant just give you the stuff, that's the point.

Guest Michelle

So who here has tried ephedrine?

Not the pansy flu med stuff...

Back when I used to do alot of weight training nothing was better at burning fat than a good ECA stack like Xenadrine or Hydroxycut (although I'm sure chunky could come up with something better LOL) then some guy died on a sports field in the US after taking a load of it, stood around in the sun all day & dehydrated (or something along those lines)... that's when the FDA stepped in and decided to ban it Cry  Anyway, after that cardio got way harder...

I imagine cycling on ephedrine is not such a great idea unless you are suicidal...

Come now kids play nice, no need for the personal attacks on the Capies or anyone else methinks....well, maybe on the dopers, they suck and they should know that doping equals ostracism from the cycling community.

I think this is what the Apetonian's do when they feel inferior (all the time)' date=' and don't get to b1tch slap one another at Killarny for a while. Maybe someone should sponsor Fand and Captain Kangaroo a room and they can resolve their frustrations themselves. The room shouldn't cost much, if you rent by the minute. 

[/quote']

Lets set a few things straight.

1) I never attacked the whole of TCS.

2) Eben lied and I told everyone so from the beginning

3) Crux knew he was doping. Hell, half of TCS knew he was doping and have claimed so themselves. To come and tell us no-one knew is a bit rich.

Why did babelkous leave TCS?

Crux has always been most vocal when pro riders have been busted, calling for jailtime/lifetime bans/heavier sentences.

I find it extremely hypocritical that a TCS is rider is busted and suddenly everyone comes with a "lets sweep it under the rug" attitude, and then still single a few of us out as instigators?

Mark - clearly you have an issue with me. I'm not sure what it is, but feel free to answer my pm and tell me how i (and the capies for that matter) have offended you