The Fast One

slowpoke

I also saw a dude with a white Super Six and the latest 11 speed Record Gruppo .....

Talk ***' date=' you looked broken at the finish, I can't believe you could even see straight nevermind identifying grouppos!
[/quote']

If I remember correctly.......

He saw "him" at the start of the race......LOLLOL

White bike.....11sp....lots of those around.....TongueLOL

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Smile thanks SB had a great performance from our Club 100 30+ vets team today...Thumbs%20Up
Pity about your team manager Dead

What about MTN Team Manager?

White bike.....11sp....lots of those around.....TongueLOL

True .. but not a WHITE SUPER SIX???
KlapperKnop2009-01-26 03:42:17

Guest Michelle

Gary: OB wasn't entered to ride in the VA group, so the comm asked him to drop to the back of the break.

I gave time checks to the Club 100 manager (including when the group was starting to reel you in) to communicate to you guys but either he or the Club 100 rider decided that it wasn't an advantage for the break to know about it.

The only thing the Club 100 manager was worried about was his 5km rotation schedule... Dead oh, and trying to look kewl in his BMW convertible... epic failure...

Angry

That is strange that OB was DQ ... I saw him leaving with the VA bunch ... In the VD bunch where had a $ starter as he said he is not fit enough to be with the elites ...

Guest Michelle

KlapperKnop: As far as I'm aware you are supposed to do a substition... the race commissaire called the race office to determine which group he was entered in to.

*chill pill*

It's kewl... learnt a good lesson yesterday... in the future, it will be like Lance said... NO GIFTS Big%20smile

Michelle Quote"The only thing the Club 100 manager was worried about was his 5km rotation schedule... Dead oh, and trying to look kewl in his BMW convertible... epic failure..."

Michelle,

Not picking a fight with you but would like to point out the general consensus of the team managers that are envollved with the Vets 30 - 39 racing.

We always work on a 5km rotation, we do talk to one another should the comm give info that needs to be passed on. We always ask permission to feed or asist and dont just try and pass the comm, further one cannot take photo's while driving in convoy and try to keep an eye open for cyclist approaching from the back in rying to regain contact with the bunch.

Another point that is important if the break has a gap of 30 seconds or more we can move up to the break. should this break be brought back we need to move out immediately.

Welcome to the Vet's racing group and i am sure you will enjoy it with us

Guest Michelle

FYI, I have been managing with the TCS elites for the past two years so this really isn't new to me.

As I said, I spoke to the commissaire before the race and he said it was fine.  While in the race, I confirmed with him as I was going past & he indicated that he didn't think it was a good idea, I dropped back, & left it at that.

I didn't have a problem with the 5km rotation, just that every time he went past he found it necessary to do the 5km sign at me... I know I'm blonde but really... I got it.

Smile thanks SB had a great performance from our Club 100 30+ vets team today...Thumbs%20Up
Pity about your team manager Dead

What about MTN Team Manager?

Also intregued.....Big%20smile

Did he not stop to give OB a hand after the crash?  LOL

Team SL....saw you were escourting the guys back to the start....did you get wet?

Did anyone see the dude with the Giant in the Vets bunch with the NEW Dura Ace Grouppo on......Very nice bling!!!

?

?

That was a very nice bike...Eye Candy of note. was sitting next to him for a while...

FYI' date=' I have been managing with the TCS elites for the past two years so this really isn't new to me.
As I said, I spoke to the commissaire before the race and he said it was fine.  While in the race, I confirmed with him as I was going past & he indicated that he didn't think it was a good idea, I dropped back, & left it at that.
I didn't have a problem with the 5km rotation, just that every time he went past he found it necessary to do the 5km sign at me... I know I'm blonde but really... I got it.
[/quote']

As i said not picking a fight, just my observation.

Spidy,

Team SL....saw you were escourting the guys back to the start....did you get wet?

No were fast enoughWink

Where there is a will there is a way!!!!

A very big thanx goes to the two ladies in the spinning class who organized there sons and brothers to dive our vehicles, and yes all 8 stayed within the white line except at the water point   "sorry".

It was a joll and the race was awesome.

Only one thing frightened me, just before the second water point two monster trucks passed us "man they pass you close" and when we got to the water point with the road full of people on bikes stopping for drinks, taking up half the road, the two monster trucks where passing in the right lane and the cars coming from the front moved off the road to avoid them and now....where do we go...with a tight fit we managed to weave our way past the water point unscarred...

Can't they just this one day divert the trucks.... or some thing.

slowpoke!!!

Why do people always see the bad in each other, it starts from within. 

Wrighte2009-01-26 04:25:38

What a race' date=' Lots of wind especially if you stay on the left of the line.
I did a lot of pacing in the second half B group.

Who was the TB marshal with Pink rims, She was with the B bunch all the way, "Thanks for your patience and keeping us safeClap"
[/quote']

i'll pass on the thanks to her... that's CandiGirl - my sv's previous owner

Guest Michelle

Team SL: Well, my observation was that your vehicle isn't legal Tongue Wink  But did I nitpick? No! LOL

slowpoke!!!

Why do people always see the bad in each other' date=' it starts from within. [/quote']

wrighte - rules are rules and an occasional divert isn't too bad but when the whole bunch moves over to the right hand side of the road on a blind rise etc for no reason other than to gutter, thereby putting lives in danger it is unacceptable. i and the other marshals put our lives and our bikes on the line to assist with the event and to have this flagrantly abused is definitely not "always see the bad in each other" - it is simply calling a spanner a spanner.

but yeah, if you fail to see the logic in adhering to the rules required by the municipality in order to allow the race to be held, then maybe you should just accept it if/when permission is withheld for events in the future.